“drooling” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakfast Klub

The Breakfast Klub
3711 Travis St, Houston, TX 77002-9505 (Midtown)
713-528-8561
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 7,203 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Midtown
southern california
“drooling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

we ended up here before our flight back to california. i found the place on yelp and it sounded interesting so we decided to give it a try. at 10am, the line was around the block, it was hot out, but they did have water out to cool you down. they let a few people into the building at a time to place your order at the front, you pay, then are seated at a table. the boys got chiken and waffles, dont remember what i got, and the sis had catfish. i remember thinking catfish would be too much/too heavy for breakfast though it sounded good, but i think i might have opted for a waffle instead. our meals were brought out and it took the boys no longer than 5 mins to gulp theirs down, sis and i enjoyed our meals together and boy her catfish was good, wish i had ordered it for myself, in fact to this day i think about it and drool. the boys were equally impressd with their chicken and waffles. i was complimented on such a good find, wish i have the opportunity to visit there again - i'd be at the breakfast klub everyday for breakfast!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
Houston, Texas, USA
“Mmmmm Chicken & Waffles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

It's been a while since we've had chicken and waffles but these were worth the wait! We loved them and we will be back! Good service but be prepared to wait. My girlfriend loved the bacon and OJ too!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Worth the long wait for a true "Texas" breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I visited Houston for business last week and was taken to breakfast by two local friends. After standing on line for approximately 1 hour on Saturday morning around 11am, we placed our orders and anxiously awaited our food. First impressions: service is very friendly, albeit somewhat chaotic and servers are more-than-willing to explain the "self-service" area to newbies. The restaurant itself is fairly non-descript and is very noisy when packed. Food: certainly lives up to the "hype" of the full-Texas-style breakfast, though with somewhat mixed results. One friend ordered chicken and waffles, which was absolutely delicious and comes in a GIGANTIC portion that was easily shared with the whole group. Another chose biscuits and gravy which was also tasty, though a bit too salty for my taste. My dish was the least well received -- green eggs and ham. The ham was delicious and not too salty, but the green eggs included peppers which present a somewhat odd texture compared to the spinach, typically included. Overall: tasty, well-prepared breakfast for extremely reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Long, long wait.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Be prepared for a long wait. The food is good but nothing really worth the long wait. But I'm glad I've tried this restaurant and I'm now done with the urge to go there for a second visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Navasota, Texas
“I Almost Hate to Let Others Know How Much I Love This Place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The first time my friend suggested we go have friend chicken and waffles for breakfast, I laughed. Out loud. I thought she was kidding. But she wasn't, and since I'm not that big on breakfast foods, adding a lunch component sounded intriguing, so I went. Oh, how I love this place, the people, and the FOOD!!! There is almost always a line, very little wait time, and the people are so friendly and engaging while you do wait, that it's almost disappointing when there isn't a line! The food is delicious, and the portions more than generous. The people are so nice that it makes my heart happy just thinking about going! I LOVE this place.

• Visited August 2012