“Love this Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakfast Klub

The Breakfast Klub
3711 Travis St, Houston, TX 77002-9505 (Midtown)
713-528-8561
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Midtown
Gunter, TX
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I don't go to Houston without hitting the Klub. All the food is great. Don't let the line scare you off, it moves pretty quick

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“You must visit here at least once. If you do, you will try your best to get back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We brought an out of town visitor because she and I had never been. It was a Wed., around 10:30, and the line was very short. I wanted to try the grits and waffle, so I ordered that with eggs and chicken wings. This was the best breakfast I've had in a long time. Chicken wings...so flavorful!! Grits...perfectly seasoned and cooked. I didn't have to add anything. The waffle was good. We bought two boxes of the mix so we could try it at home. The eggs had the perfect amount of cheese. My parents raved about the specialty coffee drinks. The regular coffee was strong but not too strong. I had coffee water!
The five of us enjoyed the Breakfast Klub so much that we returned on Friday. The line was long then. If you do not have time, try Mon-Th between 10 & 10:30.
I do not want to wait in that long line. I wish they would expand the building. The decor is nice and reflects their support of the African-American community. If you live in Houston, you most likely have heard of the good things the owners/staff do in the community.
I will return as often as possible!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Texas, United States
“As good as they say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and my boyfriend heard about this place from many people, websites and even on the news. When we arrived around 9:30 a.m the line was down the street. Luckily, we decided to stay in line and we were more than thankful we did. The chicken and waffles is to die for. Have to try it.!

Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
“Gotta go at least once!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is a very eclectic restaurant where you stand in line outside until you are able to get in the door. It is a great people-watching place. They are famous for their chicken wings and waffle so I had to try them. I loved the wings which had a great spice to them and were not greasy at all. The Belgium waffle was nothing out of the ordinary though. I would recommend this at least once as I stated above.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The food is great and the people is enjoyable. Everyone goes there at least once.

Visited April 2012