“Delicious food, fun experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
6100 Westheimer Rd, Ste 146, Houston, TX 77057 (Great Uptown)
713-532-5011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 7,200 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Fondue
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Between Hilcroft & Fountainview at Greenridge
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, long overdue date night or celebrating with a group. We are the premier fondue restaurant, centrally located on Westheimer, providing a casually elegant dining experience and an intimate atmosphere. The relaxing four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side and fresh salads while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of meats, seafood and vegetables in the cooking style of your choice. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces. Chocolate fondue is the finale, served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. The Melting Pot also features a great wine list, specialty cocktails and martinis.
Katy, Texas
“Delicious food, fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had the full course meal - and it was phenomenal!! I cannot wait to go back - probably for anniversary this year. The only reason we don't go back more often is the distance from Katy.

75% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Go for dessert!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just went for the first time last weekend and it was a cool experience if you have never had fondue before! We had not had fondu before so it was nice and kind of romantic. One thing the website does not make very clear is that you get one pot per table. So we all had to agree on one cheese and one chocolate. I did not care for that because I am kind of picky and my husband is not. So he wanted other things that I did not want and that limits him. We did not do the four course meal because we did not want the salad so we just did the cheese, meat and chocolate. They bring everything to you tableside and make it. The cheese is made to your taste so if I did not want beer then I could ask to leave it out or if I wanted more jalapenos then I could. The meat was okay. I would not go back for it next time but it was okay overall. They chocolate was amazing! I would go back just for dessert alone! The choices they give you for dipping are amazing. My favorite was the rice crispy treats! Overall I would go for just the cheese and chocolate.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nederland, Texas
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We really enjoyed the experience of this restaurant - me more so than my husband. I think it is probably more of a "girls night out" place. I LOVED the cheese fondue and the chocolate dessert fondue with the wonderful dippers was delicious!!

Visited February 2013
Houston, TX
“Cheese & Chocolate...What's Not To Love?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Whether it's a romantic night with my boyfriend or a fun night out with the girls, the Melting Pot never disappoints.

I've eaten here for just cheese and chocolate (and a bottle of wine), and for the full dinner. Lots of time to talk and enjoy the moment while your cheese/chocolate heats up or while your entree "cooks." It can be a game for the food that "gets away" to see who can "rescue" it first. (So much fun!)

TIPS:
- Make reservations
- Excellent happy hour in the bar with $5 cheese & chocolate fondue, as well as other food & drink specials.
-Join "Club Fondue" to learn about special "theme nights" and specials via email.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
mrwestlake14, Owner at The Melting Pot, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Stacy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your rave review with your fellow travelers.
You offered some great tips and advice that will definitely help those who read your review understand our concept and how to enjoy it.

All the best,

Mark Rosenthal
Proprietor
Baytown, Texas
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My hubby took me there for a romantic evening and it was great! Our waitress was really helpful and nice along with all the other staff. The food was really yummy and theres alot of it. Its really pricey but its worth it.

• Visited January 2013