“Awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
6100 Westheimer Rd, Ste 146, Houston, TX 77057 (Great Uptown)
713-532-5011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #319 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Fondue
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Between Hilcroft & Fountainview at Greenridge
Description: The Melting Pot Restaurant is where fun is cooked up fondue style. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, anniversary, long overdue date night or celebrating with a group. We are the premier fondue restaurant, centrally located on Westheimer, providing a casually elegant dining experience and an intimate atmosphere. The relaxing four-course experience begins with a cheese fondue prepared table side and fresh salads while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of meats, seafood and vegetables in the cooking style of your choice. Each morsel is hot, fresh and delicious and all entrées are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces. Chocolate fondue is the finale, served with decadent dippers. Most make reservations for the four-course dining experience but more than a few have stopped by to satisfy that cheese fondue or chocolate craving. The Melting Pot also features a great wine list, specialty cocktails and martinis.
Jersey Village, Texas, United States
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We have been here twice; once on a date just me and my wife and the other time as an engagement dinner with friends and family. No matter how big or small your group/party is, service is top notch! Very knowledgeable and engaging staff that really do treat you to a wonderful evening! Do make sure to make a reservation though as walk-ins typically have to wait a while. This can be done either over the phone or on-line. Wonderful atmosphere and just a great time out on the town!

Houston, Texas
“Liked it enough for a special occassion memory, probably wouldn't go back.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We gathered 14 family members to celebrate my father's 87th birthday. Only 3 in our party had been to The Melting Pot before, and they were the ones who recommended it. We went on a leisurely Sunday afternoon which worked put well, since from the time of our reservation to when we walked out at completion was 3 hours. Dinner is definitely a culinary event there!

With a large party such as ours, they took our reservation by phone 2 days in advance, and then asked that we submit the large party agreement 24 hours prior to our reservation time. The agreement can be found in pdf format on the website. In it you guarantee a certain number of diners. I was a little leery of committing to paying for 14 if only 13 ended up coming, so I guaranteed the smaller number. We ended up adding the 14th that day. I filled in the form online, including menu selections, then was perplexed by how to submit the form over the internet. Instead I printed it (you cannot save it to your computer) and dropped it off directly at the restaurant the day before our outing.

The day of our event the staff was expecting us. They had a large table with 4 cooking stations. At the table were printed menus with my selections with a personalized Happy Birthday greeting to my father. That was a very nice touch. However, the meat selections listed for our entrees were not what I had pre-chosen. My daughter and I left the table to speak to the manager about the discrepancy. Initally they politely told us we had chosen incorrectly, but when they brought up the form on their own computer, they saw that what was listed in the package I had chosen was different from what they believed the package to be. I am uncertain if this was due to a miscommunciation from the 'home office' to their branch, but it was not a problem and they graciously made it right for us and we got the entrees I intended us to have.

There is a ton of food, and once you become engaged in the fondue process, it becomes your focus for the next hour or so, until you can't eat another bite! None of the food is to die for, but it is good enough.

The restaurant interior is very dark inside, and the tables and booths are separated by dark partitions. It felt a bit like a throwback to the 70's. In spite of the seemingly secluded seating arrangement, we could hear other diners even though we couldn't see them. Our servers were very polite and personable. They got our checks wrong the first time, but again made right without a fuss.

All in all it was a great way for my family to celebrate a birthday that was different and fun. I wouldn't think I would have any desire to return again though. I'm glad we went, but once is probably enough for me .

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great place to eat for a romantic or quiet dinner experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

The food was great, the service was exceptional, the atmosphere was nice. It was the weekend after Valentine's Day. Was crowded. We were advised it would be a 45 minute wait. In reality we waited about 10 minutes. Nice suprise! Our table ended up being next to the kitchen. Was kind of nervous about that. Ended up not being a problem at all. It was actually quiet. We could see into the kitchen as the staff went into the kitchen, but still was not an issue.

I always enjoy going here for special occassions. Will go back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Soo good but soo expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Food is excellent. Be prepared to spend 2 hours here. It takes a long time to cook the entrees. It is pricey.

Houston, Texas
“Mayan Princess Not Happy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went for dinner knowing we had a reservation thats good. We were seated promptly
our waitress took our drink orders. We received our 1st course then she tried to take it away we said we weren't finished yet! so again she came back we said ok take but leave the bread...2nd came good tried to take it again to soon...We felt so rushed and not comfortable it happened all night. I don't think we will go back. The choices of meat
the quality was like Walmart meats terrible! It was suppose to be a special night with our
daughter from NYC. Hopefully you guys can and will make some sort of changes. There is nothing worse than feeling rushed thru dinner!

• Visited December 2011