“Fair Value for a fair price.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #190 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Fair Value for a fair price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I enjoy going to Cafe Piquet when I'm in the Bellaire area. It is a cozy little family restaurant serving Cuban cuisine. The fried plantain appetizer is a good start to the meal. The Sangria is not bad but i switched to wine to go with the meal. I had the Carnival Cubano as the main course. It was tasty but was all beef with a rice and beens, no veggies. While not gourmet, the falvor was pretty good and the portions were large.

The service was friendly but as reported in another review, the staff seemed to disappear at times during dinner. A little more attention to the customer would be appreciated.

Overall, I think the restaurant is a good value for the money and would recommend it to any of my friends in the area.

• Visited April 2012

Houston
“Warm Friendly Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restaurant is as cute as can be and was very busy on the night I visited. The waiter was pleasant and friendly but seemed to have a problem with disapearing throughout the meal which would leave us with empty drink glasses and some unnecessary delays. Overall, the staff are friendly and courteous...but you need come check on the patrons and refill tea glasses! One of the dishes ordered was Pernil (shredded pork). It was dry. I ordered garlic shrimp which had no real flavor. This was diappointing but the appetizers and the Flan were out of sight.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bellaire, Texas
“a favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I eat here occasionally and we enjoy it. The food and service are always good and the atmosphere is pleasant. The prices are very reasonable and we always end up taking home "doggie bags" since the portions are large.

• Visited January 2012
Houston, Texas, USA
“Great deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have no complaints! The service was good, the sangria was right, and the food was tasty & reasonably priced! I will definitely coming back!

I love plantains so this place was good for me from the start!

Bellaire, Texas
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Have passed by this pretty little restaurant for years and finally tried it. The hot bread and butter were a nice warm up for the nice surprises to follow. My Ropa Viego was very tasty, and my husband really enjoyed the Shrimp Creole. My son ate his steak (child's plate) so quickly, I never saw it. The only negative was my daughter's pork dish was very dry. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited January 2012