“Hard to Beat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Grill

Lexington Grill
2005 Lexington St, Houston, TX 77098-4221 (Neartown/ Montrose)
(713) 524-9877
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, Texas
“Hard to Beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Lexington Grill is one of those quiet, unasuming neighborhood restaurants that has the complete package. The food is wonderful. The service is very attentive. The owner is always concerned about the quality of his product.

I have eaten there many times on my own and always well cared for. I had our office holiday party there and every detail was taken into consideration. No fuss, no worries.

I can't say enough good things about the place and the staff at the Lexington.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Super fresh fish & cozy atmosphere! We had lunch here seeking a light but elegant seafood entree. I had the red snapper with a white wine caper sauce that was excellent & exactly what I was hungry for. My husband had the special, shrimp & scallops. He loved his selection as well. It might b a little pricey for lunch but its totally worth every penny!!!

Houston, Texas
“I ADORE Lexington Grill!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been eating at Lexington Grille for a few years now, mainly for lunch during the work week. To clarify, I don't enjoy this restaurant weekly, maybe more like 4 times or so a year. The prices are a little high for lunch but the quality, preparation, and presentation of the food is worth every penny; I am just more inclined to spend this type of $$$ for dinner not lunch. The owner recongizes me each time I walk in and knows I love a glass of pinot noir. The valet even recognizes me and is very nice and professional. The owner knows I love to sit at the corner table and he automatically switches my white linens out for black linens---LOVE THAT. Their soups are out of this world. The specials are always superbly cooked and presented. I never eat dessert unless it is bread pudding or creme brulee at the Lexington Grill. There is not anything that I do not LOVE about this restaurant. We will be having our Department Christmas Luncheon here this year and we can't wait for the experience. Thank you to my friend who told me about this hidden treasure!

• Visited December 2012
houston, tx
“Thouroghly Impressed, looking for a reason to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Trip Advisor community,you did it again. You guided me to one of the best dinning experiences I have had in the city. Looking for something different for my wife's birthday, I stumbled across The Lexington Grill. All I can say is WOW. I have no idea how in the last 18 yrs in its existence I had never come across this excellent place. Another reviewer tagged the tine, " best place you never heard of" That is spot on.

Old house converted to a restaurant tucked away down a lazy residential street. Free Vallet. Small deck out side with a few tables. Upon opening the glass front door, you are greeted not just by the fabulous staff, but by the simple elegance of the restaurant.

Menu is arranged in a 5 course style. Portions are perfect and not overdone with the flavours being the star o f evverycourse. My wife and I started with the scallops. Two perfectly cooked 1" thick scallops with the most amazing mango salsa. i do not care for scallops usually, but i cleaned the plate. Main meals were Chilean Sea Bass and the rack of lamb. Spectacular!

Prices are are on the higher end, and very easy to cross over the $200 mark if you get a bottle of wine as we did. But we did eat from every section on the menu as well. We have spent the same or more at other restaurants for the two of us on special occasions and did not thing but cringe when signing the check. We didnt blink when out meal was over.

There is a class that Lexington Grill keeps with the ambiance in the dinning area and it is reinfornced wih how the waitstaff maintains your experience. Our waiter kept our glasses full but gave us the perfect amount of space to enjoy each others company without having those awkward interruptions. The owner came by and introduced him self at the end and thanked us for coming out. We were given a small tour of the rooms. Excellent bar hard wood floors with very nice dark wood walls.

Fantastic experience, and food was top top notch.

• Visited November 2012
Harrisburg, PA
“Top notch food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This may be one of the best food experiences I have ever had. The restaurant was very enchanting, not sure how else to say it. The fromt he vine covered patio in front to the hard woods and dim lighting inside. Truly enjoyable. Mushroom soup was best I ever had. Chicken paillard was so tasty I could have licked the dish - never had it before so all I can say is it was the best as well. Servers were very attentive. Prices are reasonable but a little higher end. Definitely would return.

Visited October 2012