“No one was disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reggae Hut

Reggae Hut
4814 Almeda Rd, Houston, TX 77004-5669 (The Museum District)
713-520-7171
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: The Museum District
atlanta
“No one was disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had never heard of the place before last Friday. I searched for reviews online 1st and found raving reviews on Yelp. Then co-workers chimed in and was very pleased with the restaurant. 1st there's little parking. There's parking in the back but it fills up quickly because of other business on the strip and housing in the area. No parking in front of the store from 4pm-6pm. Nice atmosphere for a local spot. They stayed busy the entire time our group of 10 were there. I ordered the jerk chicken with cabbage and was it a lot of food. Enough food for 2 people at the price of 1. The chicken was moist and had just enough kick to it without taking over the chicken. The cabbage was very good and not over cooked. I hate I didn't get a meat pie and they quickly sold out. Others had Brown Stew chicken, Curry goat and either nothing was left or to go plates were requested. It was national Margarita day so the owner gave us complimentary drinks. Staff was super nice and very helpful. We requested to pull tables together with a little hesitation our request was meet. I definitely will return for more of Regga Hut. The gentleman on the steel drums was really good and cute.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“This food is terrible and you do not get refills on your drink!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

OMG....this place is sooooooooooooooooooooo terrible....I was so dissapointed....the food was terrible....flys were everywhere, I was swatting and trying to eat at the same time...even though they tried to set the mood with island music and decorations nothing could distract me from that horrible food. There are waaaaaaaaaay better places to go in Houston....

• Visited July 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic Jamaican food, the shop is not as refind as it should be but the food is excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

The curry chicken is my favorite dish add rice and red beans with choice of salad or Calaloo
I did the goat is a little salty but is also very good

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing close”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011 via mobile

Food is nothing close to Jamaican dishes..food sucks

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“This is not island food at all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I understand that being from The Bahamas, I will not get actual Bahamian food in Houston, but I know what island food taste like. This is far from authentic. Of course, people who are not from the islands have no idea and may rave, but this place is not good at all. The best island food in Houston that I've had is at "Cool Runnings". Just to get to Cool Runnings is about an hour and 15 minute drive, but well worth it when I will be in the area.

• Visited November 2010