“Best of Breed!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Best of Breed!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I never miss an opportunity to eat here. I have never taken anyone here that did not agree that it was the BEST Mexican food ever.
This is not a one dish wonder restaurant. I purposely try new dishes each time I go, and have NEVER had a bad meal or bad service.
Best of Breed!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas, United States
“Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I never got to eat here becuase they made a mistake and marked my Daily Voice Deal as redeemed. After 4 calls and emails, they finally responded saying they will look into it. Emailed 2 more times with no responses. Daily Voice blamed the restaurant, the restaurant blamed the Houston Press, no one wants to take responsibilty, thats pretty sad. So, never again will I buy Daily Voice Deals, and I will never step foot in that restaurant to see Sylvia and her enchilada!

Visited July 2013
“Perfact, homestyle cooking, great decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

feels like small restaurant in Mehico with decor and taste buds will make you forget totally where you are. very flexible menu, cook to your liking and mood, great service.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Porte, Texas
“Bugs in margaritas and still paid for it!!! WOW!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We decided to visit this place due to surveys that rave about it. Being such a beautiful sunday afternoon, my brother, my cousin and I decided to sit in the patio. As we are all enjoying the margaritas and bug falls in my drink. Mind that I only got to drink half my margarita, I placed an order for another one. As they are preparing my 2nd drink, a bug now falls into my brothers drink. Same scenario, he had probably drank close to half his drink and then ordered his 2nd one. Once having his replaced, we decided to go indoors near the front window. The food ordered was pretty good. As we look at our surroundings, we spot a lady bug next to us on the wall next to the window and a fly flying around us. As we get our bill, we were charged fully for our $11 or $12 margaritas. So I first ask the waitress, knowing that she saw the bugs in our drinks she never apologized and she couldn't do anything about. So I ask to speak with the manager/business partner. He basicall says the same thing. He said he can not control what happens in the patio environment. My profession is in the hospitality field. I know that if a customer has an issue, my job is to do anything and eveything to rectify the situation and make sure the guest leaves in a satisfied manner so he comes back and passes the word around of positive notes. My brother and I would have been glad to pay for half the drink in which we drank., but not so. We paid the full price, basically with a slap in the face. I will NOTgo back and will definitely contact BBB as well passing the word out. Customer service apparently is so not a priority to them. Thank you for leaving a bad taste in our mouths.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Bugs in margaritas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Our party was enjoying the patio on a lazy Sunday however a medium sized gnat flew into my brother's margarita. A few minutes later, I had a small gnat fall into my margarita. We requested to replace these drinks and move indoors and be seated near a window. Low and behold we had a lady bug and fly on the wall near us that continued bothering us. The food and salsa were tasty however when we received the bill, we were charged full price for the margaritas with insects. we kindly requested the waitress to reconsider the 2 drinks with bug at 1/2 off but no joy. We asked to speak with the manager and he did not seem interested in customer service at any level (i.e. he stuck to the full bill with no credits even though his restaurant was empty). He told us that he cannot control the outside environment but didn't bother to address the lady bug and fly which we're seen by him real time. These are all signs of a very unhygienic place and I am hopeful I don't get sick after my meal. This is the last time I will visit this place as they really don't care about customer service.

• 3 of 5 stars Food