“Awsome meat and the Best Gumbo in Houston” 5 of 5 stars

281-870-0807
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lynn's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #529 of 6,953 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fern
“Awsome meat and the Best Gumbo in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The steak is great and as good as any top shelf steakhouse in Houston.

The Gumbo has a very nice thick gravy type base loaded with flavor and is by far the best in Houston and better than a lot of gumbo dishes prepared in Louisiana on equal footing with Brennan's and that is a tough standard.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas
“Outstanding Steak with Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We dined with another couple for the first time at Lynn's. Our reservations were at 6:30 and I was concerned because the parking lot was empty. We were the first diners seated but before we completed our meal the restaurant was humming.

The decor is warm and inviting. Lynn's is perfect for a quiet dinner when conversation is important. They may have a great wine selection but the bar is lacking in creativity. My first mojito went back to the bartender for a makeover. I changed drinks after that.

The food more than made up for the bar. I ordered a perfectly marbled and cooked ribeye. Other raved about their veal chops, NY strip, and medallions.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Katy, Texas
“A hiden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Awesome! We've been looking for a great steak\seafood place closer to Katy and this is it. We relax and sat the bar for an hour even though our table was ready. The service was great and the steak and tuna filets' were awesome. The wine list is out of this world and the dessert's were great. Definitely coming back when we don't want to travel far from the house.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cypress, Texas
“The steak was not the highlight of our meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went last night with my husband to have dinner with some of his business associates. As another reviewer noted, this is a place for oil men with expense accounts. I mentioned as much to my husband who laughed (because that exactly described our party last night). To add to that impression, we saw another group dining there from his company.

The restaurant was on the smallish side which to me is a bonus. The decor was nice. The ceiling is draped with large brown vine looking things with lights. This adds a warm element to the place. The bar is small but appeared to be well stocked (except that they ran out of Jameson's).

The service was good but felt a bit slow. It seemed as though the two bartenders were the only staff waiting tables (this could be incorrect, I was very engaged with my group and didn't pay too much attention to what was happening at the other tables).

The appetizer (crab cakes topped with shrimp) and the salad (toasted goat cheese) were delicious, but the steak was only good. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exceptional. This would be fine except for that Lynn's is a steakhouse. Perry's, Taste of Texas, and Pappas Bros. all serve superior steaks. Additionally, the steaks are all quite large. If you have a really big eater with you then this is a good deal, otherwise, plan on taking home leftovers.

In summary, it was very nice and I'd go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a steak.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“Simply not high end”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is badly overpriced for the quality of the food and service. New York Strip tasted gamey, like a steak you should have grilled 3 days days ago. When I pay $50 for a steak I absolutely expect something better than what I can cook at home. Yet my homemade steak crushes his place. Our waitress also totally phoned it in. Was more interested in discussing her 12 year tenure and wine knowledge than asking how she could serve us. She didn't even bother to ask us how our steaks were. Sides were good but who cares. My colleague was also double billed.

Visited November 2012