“Bunch of flavor packed with great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,673 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Pacific Rim
Houston, Texas
“Bunch of flavor packed with great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This restaurant is one of those places which gives you a feel of a family run restaurant. Warm and authentic the food served here is exhaustive in variety but slow in service so I suggest a take out is a better option.

I loved the food........packed with lots of flavor, good quantities and a meal for 2 under $25 is certainly a catch. Their fried fish in chilli sauce, fried dim sums and other entrees are worth it.

I'd certainly recommend this for the food if not the ambiance.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston
“Try the ice creams”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Food is pretty good, I enjoy the pho and some of the salads. Ice creams are outstanding, they are made of fresh food and serve in the fruit shell itself, pineapple and coconut are lovely !!!

Visited February 2013
TX
“Good food with reasonable prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We at Le Viet Restaurant as a family and enjoyed the dinner. The service was good and the quality of the food was good. The portion sizes were typical of other vietnamese restaurants so you would not go home hungry. I enjoyed the pho and didn't find it too salty as it can be at many places. The only area I felt was lacking was a kids menu. I'm not saying a corn dog and pizza menu but to have the normal dishes served in a smaller portion for a lower price. We inquired and they said that we had to order from the menu for adults. We had to throw half of it away. My child really enjoyed it but I felt it was wasteful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Some very good dishes; worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

While this isn't fine dining, there are some very good dishes on the menu. I had the Muc Xao Xa Ot - also known as "BURNING HOT SQUID" and it was just delicious. The squid was tender, the sauce hot but not inedible. Sure, there are some non-Vietnamese dishes, but just order carefully and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas, United States
“Vietnamese food - I don't think so”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by French friends of us. We were expecting authentic Vietnamese food, but we were in for a unsavoury surprise. The food served was more Chinese than Vietnamese - we lived in Asia for many years, so not easily fooled. But what made it worse is that none of the dishes were tasty and all were greasy - with the exception of the Wonton soup. I have developed a craving for spicy food, so my main course was a spicy dish: what a disappointment, what happened to the red peppers! I don't like being negative and are looking for something positive to report, but unfortunately.... NOT recommended.

• Visited May 2012