“Fabulous food!,,” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yia Yia Mary's Greek Kitchen

Yia Yia Mary's Greek Kitchen
4747 San Felipe St, Houston, TX 77056-3905 (Great Uptown)
713-840-8665
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Stuart, Florida
“Fabulous food!,,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I love Greek food and they do it right!!! The baklava is fabulous, it was enough for my husband I to split, take home and split again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bellville, Texas
“I will never be back!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Today my wife and I stopped for lunch as she had been here with a friend and liked the food. After we were seated and gave a drink order we look over the appetizers for a sampling of various menu items. We settled on one of the appetizers because it has spanakopita as one of the items. We ordered and asked about our drinks which had not been delivered. About 15 minutes later our appetizer was delivered but still no drinks. We asked about the drinks and the waiter went to check on them coming back almost 10 minutes later with the drinks and the excuse that someone else took our order - that was a bold faced lie!! While we were waiting for the drinks we found that the appetizer had no spanakopita. We asked and were told the kitchen was out but that they had substituted more of another item. When we did complain about being served something we did not order the floor manager did take care of the cost of the order but she took forever getting it done and seem surprised that I was unhappy about the entire experience. The Pappa's family has several very good restaurants in Houston and I hope that this was just an off day at Yia Yia Mary's but since I will never be back, I will never know!!

Houston, Texas, United States
“Too Many Gyro Salads...And Still Going”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My favorite casual dining in the galleria. The food is consistent, well-prepared and I love the staff.

Visited September 2012
Magnolia, Texas
“Good food, and lots of it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We've visited Yia Yia Mary's many times for lunch. As with most of the Pappas restaurants, portion size is generous - maybe too generous for lunch. The basic gyros and Souvlaki are consistently good, and all of the pricier options we've tried (such as shrimp Mykonos, scallops Ionian, and the Spartan mixed grill) have been excellent. Good selection of desserts. Service has always been good. Very noisy.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dubai
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Had the fish which was yum. Though I've had better in UAE so no comparison :)
Atmosphere was okay, not a romantic place to go. This was near our hotel so just 2 mins walk which was the biggest plus.

• Visited August 2012