“Great restaurant among many in Houston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raven Grill

Raven Grill
1916 Bissonnet St, Houston, TX 77005-1645 (University Place)
713-521-2027
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: University Place
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great restaurant among many in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just wanted to share a great restaurant in Houston. We Houston often and there are many great restaurants there, but the Raven Grill never fails to be terrific. From seafood, to the sweet potato enchiladas (one of their favorites) it is great. The prices are surprisingly reasonable for the quality of the food. The bar is good and the outside seating is where you want to be if you want to have conversation with friends. Houston is hot, but in the evening it is shaded by greenery and has fans. Perfect.
Located in the West University area, it is close to everything you might want to do afterwards.
Highly recommend. Does not take reservations unless you are a party of 6+, but you can call when you are leaving your place to get on the wait list. We have never waited longer than 20 minutes. It is ALWAYS GOOD.

Houston, TX
“GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my first time to visit the Raven Grill and I will definitely return! My husband and I took a friend to lunch recently and we all had different dishes. I had the Blackened Chicken Pasta which was fabulous...a large serving and I devoured it! My husband had the Raven Dinner and said it was excellent and our friend had the Salmon Steak. She normally doesn't clean her plate...but this time she did! We will definitely return...not only due to the great food, but for the excellent service.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Awesome Steak in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

One of the best steaks in a long time, finally not cooked on gas. Finally something thats also not smoked. Creme Brulee also impressive. Ashli was really attentive and gave me exactly what I asked for - perfect. Also cannot fault the wine suggestion at a fair price. Did I mention the bread - Yum.
The only restaurant in Texas where you can find white pepper. I loved Raven Grill. Great service and great food. Will be back

Dallas, Texas
“Dependable, reliable, good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Raven Grill is a reliable, dependable 'neighborhood' café that never fails to please. Neither the atmosphere nor food is 'cutting edge' but who cares when you get smart, friendly servers, a wide menu catering to all one's possible interests (sandwiches, pastas, meat entrees, etc.), delicious food and nice wine choices.

White tablecloth without being stuffy. Generally a smart and sophisticated (meaning, no children running around the table or drunk girls yelling at each other across the table). crowd. Full satisfying dinner for two was $70 including tip. THAT is the definition of a good restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
“A blast of authenticity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are looking for fine and authentic dishes, with obviously a sincere food lover behind the stove, stop looking, try the Raven Grill!
A friend brought us there for a weekend lunch and we were delighted. Nice atmosphere, some lovely outdoor seating, friendly service and, most importantly: excellent food from the appetizer to the dessert.
The tuna carpaccio was fine and light: excellent opening. I chose the roast pot and I let's say it: I had not yet eaten a dish in the US that reminded me so much of authentic French country food, including in Houston's fancy French restaurants. It was just Good.
We also tasted the carrot cake and the 'other' chocolate dessert and they were delicious.
We will be back to try other dishes, that's for sure!!!!

• Visited April 2013