“Great private dining room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Post Oak Grill

Post Oak Grill
1415 S Post Oak Ln, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)
(713) 626-8100
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Post Oak Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,301 of 7,273 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: San Felipe
Twickenham
“Great private dining room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Going in a large group I feared the worst. Thankfully I was proven wrong. The limited menu for our big group was great and the food quality right up there. I also liked the sensible portions.

Houston, Texas
“Will never come back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hostess was very rude and seemed like she didn't want to be there. The restaurant seemed old and smelled like wet carpet and needs a major upgrade. I seen a cockroach crawling on the wall I sat next to. The food was not good and didn't seem like an "upscale" restaurant that I thought it would be. The waiter gave me a receipt with a total of xx.00 and came back saying my card was declined after 3 times so i gave him cash and when he came back with my receipt it was a different amount from the original he gave me. So basically he took my money and tried to play me! I checked my bank after he said my card was declined and it showed that it did go thru and I sat there an hour arguing with the manager and waiter. Still they did not say sorry and offer my meal on the house but instead take off $11 my bill lol what the heck is $11 gonna do. So unprofessional, I will never come here again

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Always fine dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wanting to spend a quite evening with friends for dinner and conversation we always chose The Post Oak Grill. The waite staff is very accommodating and attentive, the food always good and the atmosphere just right for a nice evening with friends and family. We have never felt rushed and often linger long after our main course. I hardly recommend the Post Oak Grill

• Visited August 2012
Houston, Texas
“Service Slipping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

A Houston STANDARD. Great food - Not overpriced. Elegant ambience but not stuffy. Very comfortable, Coat & Tie NOT an issue. Have been going there for years. Very Nice re-do of bar area. Fives all around except professionalism of waitstaff left us put off.
as in served bisque but forgot spoons... brought sorbet also with NO spoon. Desert served and had to go get forks. Bartender preoccupied with co-workers. Nothing serious, just not the usual Post Oak Grill standards.
GO THERE - You'll like it!

• Visited September 2012
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stopped by in transition for live music and a small bite. Observing as a bar fly is just fun sometimes for me. The band was a talented flamenco/ Russian trio that were such a unique form of energy the lounge area was captivated. Was fun to observe the energy they created. Food was pretty good but the atmosphere is the draw.

• Visited August 2012