“Great Salads, Open Late, Beautiful Patio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brasil

Brasil
2604 Dunlavy St, Houston, TX 77006-3702 (Neartown/ Montrose)
(713) 528-1993
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #865 of 7,287 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, Texas
“Great Salads, Open Late, Beautiful Patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I love Brasil! I have been three and all three times sat on the patio in nice weather. We went the second and third time because it's one of the few places in the neighborhood which is open after 10:00. I've tried the duck salad, pizza, burger, and the fried fish tacos and they were all excellent. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you. They do not have Brazilian food or drinks, which surprised me. Everyone enjoyed their food. We will be back.

Visited May 2013

Dijon, Bourgogne, France
“Crappy Pizza and Stale Beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

They really don't try very hard at Brasil. This used to be a nice neighborhood spot but I returned recently and had the worst pizza of my life. The crust was absolutely flavorless without a hint of salt, and, even worse, it was like chewing on a piece of hard plastic. The draft beer I ordered tasted tainted as if their draft system lines were unclean or left dirty with a cleaning solution.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Amazing brews and comestibles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dinner at Brasil is a real evening out and more than satisfying on many levels. First the beer. We're a couple of baby boomers from the microbrew-dense Pacific Northwest and we have high standards, and we definitely love to try new, local beers when we travel. The bar at Brasil offered a trove of brews we'd never heard of on tap. Selections change all the time, so locals would certainly expect to experience a diverse array on any given evening. Our picks for the evening included Happy Camper IPA (Sante Fe) and Buried Hatchet Stout (Southern Star brewing company). These critical decisions having been made, we found a table in the large interior room and admired the braver souls who sat out on the large covered patio. Updated, but cozy atmosphere inside and a mellow ambiance. Then the menu - formidable! Salads galore, but no, I couldn't resist the homemade tamales with butternut squash and my nearest and dearest ordered the black bean burger. Both were excellent, but I confess that I still ogled the huge salads as they were delivered to adjacent tables... oh, to be able to have it all (the eternal question)! And yet, I could have feasted exclusively on the french fries tossed in parsley, garlic and olive oil and served with basil aioli and still felt that I'd experienced a sort of heaven on earth. We engulfed two orders among five, right down to the scraps. A great meal and great evening with the best of company. Baby, it doesn't get much better than this.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great little cafe for lunch or a light dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Party of 5 and all enjoyed their selections. Great pizza, salads, quiche, beer. The service was prompt and friendly. We sat outside and enjoyed the street scene in a garden patio. Visit the antique stores in this interesting part of Houston and then stop in to Brasil for lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Definitely my new fave neighborhood hangout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had heard about Brasil and went for lunch. The service was a little slow, but the food was spot on. Great place for meeting up with friends. Parking is street parking only, you may walk a few blocks. Great coffee. Not your regular menu, very creative. I had their special club sandwich and my son had the quiche and salad. Each were fresh and delicious.

• Visited February 2013