“Bad customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arcodoro

Arcodoro
5000 Westheimer at Post Oak, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)
(713) 621-6888
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Arcodoro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #468 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: Post Oak
Houston, Texas
“Bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had dinner by myself at 10:00PM. Service was slow and not courteous. The server forgot my drink. I was asked if I wanted dessert but by the time someone asked me for my choice I was not hungry anymore!! It took forever for the check to be taken care of. I had to pay at the cashier. The manager took care of the check but never said a word or a thank you. It was an overall very bad experience. Nevertheless, the food was good.....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lagos, Nigeria
“Amazing pasta and veal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice simple italian food, if you are after a quality meal then this is a good place to go. Prices are slightly inflated due to location, but decent food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Interesting Italian Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been all over Italy but I've never been to Sardinia. I suspect if I did go I would find a restaurant very similar to Arcodoro. Much like the Italian language with its regional nuances, Italian food has regional nuances and we all liked the Sardinian flavors we found at Arcodoro. The emphasis on seafood we expected and hoped for was delivered...the Sardinian octopus salad and paella were delicious. Service was attentive...a little pricey but I thought worth it...recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
La Chartre-sur-le-Loir, France
“Interesting menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've had mixed experiences here, otherwise I might be tempted to rate it Very Good or perhaps even Excellent.

The food is quite different to your "average" Italian restaurant, and I like that aspect since I get to try things I normally wouldn't. Service has been a mixed bag and not in general brilliant. Rather expensive for the overall experience as well. But try it for the different menu.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service and unfriendly attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stopped in for wine and dinner on the patio. We were served wine that had gone bad, so asked for a new glass. The replacement was bad too. Food was overpriced and mediocre. Decided to leave, they tried to charge us for the wine. When we objected, they came back with an even larger check with a "forced gratuity" of 18 percent.
Save yourself the hassle avoid this place else. There is a great spot just steps away, Grand Lux.

• Visited May 2012