“Large selection of the dishes that is truly Vietnamese.” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kim Son Restaurant
300 Milam St, Houston, TX 77002-1619 (Downtown)
(713) 222-2790
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Hillsoboro, Or
“Large selection of the dishes that is truly Vietnamese.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

A little pricey (17.99) for adult but the provide a large selection of different dishes and noodle soup, deserts, and fruits. Wish other state has the same restaurant. Love it.

Visited July 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Been going for 22 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's unusual for a local restaurant to maintain a strangle hold on its niche for so long, but Kim Son has done it. Great Vietnamese food. Great dim sum. Love their imperial rolls!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston
“One of the best places in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking for the best Chinese food in the downtown are, you've found it. Service is a
So very good. Had Kung Pao, House Fried Rice, spring rolls and they were all very good.

Spring, Texas
“Great Place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I met some friends here to eat day one day and I have been going since then. I enjoyed it so much that I proposed to my wife at dinner amongst friends. The only thing that was not to my liking was that I had asked for a table off to the side that would accommadate a party of 20 and they put us in the front. The restaurant was not crowded and it should have been an easy request but everyone was already seated by the time that my wife and I had arrived, therefore we just stayed where they had everyone seated. Other than than, great place to eat, with great food, and it has a great atmosphere.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“OMG! Everything was Delicious! A Don't Miss While in Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I've never been to a true Vietnamese restaurant before. I saw all the reviews in Houston for this place and they were all true. Perennially voted "Best Vietnamese Restaurant" in Houston by the Houston Press, Kim Son has garnered praise in such prestigious magazines as Bon Appetit, Esquire, and Food & Wine and I can see why. First off the parking lot is huge and its free. They have ramps by the handicapped spots. The restaurant has a very clean and modern asian decor. They have a full bar w/ a flat screen tv off to the left. Their dining rooms all are spacious but not too big--just the right size. You're definitely not on top of each other. The servers were tremendous! We told them it was our very first time and we had two helping us out....Vu and Alex. Not only did they have superior knowledge of the menu but their recommendations were honest and accurate. My husband is an onion-hater and they told us flat out the dish he chose is made with onion in the mix and cannot be separated out. Glad they were upfront about that because if he had ordered it.... let's just say it avoided a very, very nasty scene. We ordered the Kim Son mixed grill appetizer. My husband had the chicken coconut cury dish and I had the triple delight--a traditional vietnamese dish. They even came out and showed us how to eat the triple delight and they recommended other sauces til I found the one I liked!! (the triple delight is quite a set up...it came w/ a bowl of hot water, several hard, flat round pieces of rice paper which is to be dipped in bowl of hot water, a plate of veggies and pineapple, related cups of sauces, and a hot plate w/ three kinds of meat: grilled shrimp, beef, and honey-glazed chicken. The meats at this restaurant ARE SO DAMN GOOD!! We both loved our dishes!! Nothing was bad at all! The menu is very large--they have vegetarian dishes, meat lover dishes, noodle dishes, soup dishes, salad dishes, and a complete list of all the traditional Vietamese dishes. We were so stuffed from our dinner & appetizers, we couldn't order any dessert. Our servers were fabulous. The food was outstanding. We will definitely be coming back. Oh, the prices are reasonable and the quantity is plu-lenty.

• Visited May 2012