“Best Restaurant in Houston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Da Marco Cucina E Vino

Da Marco Cucina E Vino
1520 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77006-3736 (Neartown/ Montrose)
713-807-8857
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Da Marco Cucina E Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Ridgewood
Panama City, Panama
“Best Restaurant in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Dinner was absolutely excellent, everything was good quality and prepared flawlessly. Service was super fast and friendly, and price/quality relation was excellent ($210 for 4 persons including half a bottle of wine).

Visited January 2014

Houston, Texas, United States
“Houston's Finest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

It is very hard to choose a favorite restaurant in Houston as we have so many great contenders but I have to say that Da Marcos is at the top of my list. The food is always superb, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is quite intimate for such a popular restaurant. I recommend you reserve your table well in advance!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best restaurant of the USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

For me and my family is the best restaruant of the usa and the service is really good too, the black truffle rissoto and pasta is the best of the world.
I had been there like 30 times and everytime that i go is the same delicouis food.
100% recomended.

“Home of the Pretentious, great anticipation is met with average results...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I, enjoying an already fantastic anniversary day, booked reservations at Da Marco on a strong recommendation from a trust worthy colleague. We pulled up into their very small parking lot and were greeted promptly by the valet who proceeded to deliver our car out of the gated parking lot to an overflow area on a side-street. I guess our vehicle was not up to the standards of the Aston Martin's, Rolls Royces, and MB's in the parking lot. (Geez - it is an Infiniti for god sakes! :))

Very small dining room but elegant decor. Variety of upscale attires, some with suits, others with jean/sport coat combos (which I wore) and that was fine. Menu difficult to understand and waitstaff made you feel a little silly having to get them to explain what the different courses included, portion size, etc. I wasn't trying to be frugal, but much like a steakhouse, I prefer not to purchase more than I could possibly eat. That was not an issue here, portions were small and most of the value of the dish was in the preparation and quality, not size.

We were adventurous and tried the grilled Octopus, not what I was expecting in a very pleasant way. It was delicious. My wife had sweet corn and lobster ravioli. You could tell it was fresh, but I wasn't crazy about the taste. I had bacon-wrapped lamb loin which was fantastic. Dessert was very over-hyped, wasn't anything special. The prices were on the high-end, but expected.

No liquor license so wine, wine and more wine. Very expensive selection, in which I don't care for much wine as it is. Wanted a cocktail but had to settle for a beer. Got the "stinkeye" from the next table (for not drinking wine I guess). Lots of guests appeared to be "regulars" and knew each other, getting up frequently to glad-hand and socialize with the owner who was walking around and of course each other. Had to endure a conversation at the table right next to us about how important they were and the service was so slow, blah, blah, blah. The tables were so close together conversations were easily shared between each other...

Bottom-line, I have enjoyed better atmosphere's for less money and food was just not the deciding factor for us. Inventive and quality cuisine but not memorable. Romantic? Yes if you are lucky enough to get a good corner table. Otherwise, walk out, go grab your car from the valet (from the poor lot) and take your money to one of the hundred's of restaurants that will provide excellent service, food and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico
“Very good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you are in Houston you should try this restaurant. It's really good.
Great selection of wines.
Waiters are very knowledgeable but a little rough.
The quality and taste of the food make up for everything.

• Visited September 2013