“Fancy Brunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brennan's of Houston

Brennan's of Houston
3300 Smith St, Houston, TX 77006 (Midtown)
713-522-9711
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Brennan's of Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 7,033 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Stuart
Description: Since our 1967 opening as a sister restaurant to the world-famous Commander's Palace in New Orleans, Brennan's of Houston has evolved into the city's premier destination for memorable dining served with true Southern hospitality. From the reservationist to the waiters, chefs and every associate behind the scenes, our team is focused on the highest standard of excellence and equally dedicated to creating enduring memories of snapshots in time: the sealing of business deals, wedding proposals, joyful celebrations, and the marking of significant milestones along life's way. And the proof is in the (bread) pudding, with loyal patrons returning time and again to create new memories.Reflecting the same warmth as our friendly greeting, each farewell concludes with Brennan's signature lagniappe: an abundance of unforgettably fresh pecan pralines.
Houston, Texas
“Fancy Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We went there for Sunday brunch. The brunch is 3-course entree. I chose spinach salad with strawberry for starter, stuffed flounder for the main entree and bananas foster for dessert. The salad and desserts are okay. The bananas foster is a bit too sweet for my taste. The stuffed flounder is really good though, even my son who rarely eats fish likes it.
As for pricewise, it's an upscale restaurant so prepare to spend from $50-100 easy, especially if you order alcohol with your food. Try to sit outside when the weather is nice, they have a really nice patio. The main dining room is tastefully decorated and very romantic. Another thing, grab some of their free pralines before you head out, if you're still up for some more sugary treats.

Houston, Texas
“Back in time to New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Cannot say one thing negative. The cusine is delish. Bread Pudding the best ever and pralines like New Orleans. Friendly, Curteous. Great in every way.

Visited October 2012
League City, Texas
“Special night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful atmosphere, food that is out of this world, great service! Couldn't ask for more here. And don't skip the pralines!

Western Massachusetts
“Courtyard Dining...Really Didn't Want to Leave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been commuting to Houston for three years and Brennan's is always high atop the review charts; yet I had yet to make the trip. My two colleage-aged daughters and my wife joined me for a weekend so we decided a Brennan's Brunch was in order. It was fantastic. Crawfish enchilada, trio of soup, eggs benedict, pecan-crusted catfish all consumed on the sun-bathed courtyard with a jazz band providing a Suzy-Q number. Service was a bit slow (had to remind waiter of a mimosa order that took 10 minutes and the somm indicated he hadn't tried the wine we'd ordered) but the visit was well worth it and I intend to go back within the next 30 days.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent Service and Great Atmosphere!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We went here to celebrate a birthday. Reservation was accepted and we were seated promptly. They did have fast and friendly valet service. Atmosphere was great. Our seating location was romantic and quiet with captain's chairs. The service was excellent...much better than I expected. Wait staff friendly and helpful.
---The food was average for the price. I had oyster stew as an appetizer. Not on par with what I have tasted at several Seattle WA restaurants. It was just missing the burst of flavor I expected. The filet of beef I had as an entree was excellent...nice and tender. My wife had the crabcakes. She didn't finish them because she kept biting on shell pieces.

If you go here you must have the bananas foster as a dessert. Most excellent and prepared at the table. I will visit here again but will not try oyster stew or crabcakes.

• Visited December 2012