“Sat outside, great food, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Birraporetti's

Birraporetti's
500 Louisiana St, Houston, TX 77002-1625 (Downtown)
(713) 224-9494
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Birraporetti's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,212 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Prairie
Transit: Birraporetti's is located three blocks down from the Preston stop on the Metrorail, and there are Metro bus stops around the restaurant. Birraporetti's will also call you a cab if need be.
Ohio
“Sat outside, great food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Birraporetti's is within walking distance of Bayou Music Center, and no wait when restaurants closer to the concert were packed. We sat outside and enjoyed the warm August evening on a Wednesday night. Traffic was light enough we weren't bothered by the noise and we got to look at the interesting buildings on the street. We thought they might forget about us since we were the only ones sitting outside, but the server was very efficient and friendly and the owner came out and chatted with my husband about the concert. The waitress recommended the Chicken Picatta which my husband ordered and he thought it was the best chicken Picatta he could remember eating. I had the stuffed mushroom appetizer which was rich and cheesy. We got a taste of the tiramisu for desert which was excellent. Definitely recommend eating here before a concert!

Visited August 2014

Vidor, Texas
“Mystery Theater & Buffett”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Birraporettis features a weekend evening Mystery Theater with buffet in their downstairs dining room. The theater experience is full of laughs-I would recommend volunteering to participate. The food is delicious and a bar is available.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Good Food but Needs a Facelift”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went to Birraporetti's last night before a show at The Sundance. It was a Monday night and the place was fairly slow. We were seated by Jeff who was a very nice guy and had a nice personality. Our waitress was Crystal whom had a great smile but could have been a little more attentive. I will say that the older lady that was filling the water and tea glasses etc was on point...very attentive.
My wife had the pork chops and I the Fettuccine Alfredo, both were excellent as were the Cesar Salads.
The only problem is this place is very antiquated and is in dire need of a facelift. Its just plain worn out...the mens room is disgusting. I would assume that with The Alley being renovated for the next 15 months they will be slow...maybe they can take that opportunity to do their own remodel.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano
“Great Food, Drink and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped in here on way back from Aquarium. Made awesome Pomegranate Martini and and Mojito. Food was very yummy too, and our waitress was super nice and made great recommendations from the menu. Would strongly recommend to people in downtown Houston area.

Visited June 2014
Planet Earth
“Not What I Remember from the Past”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

In years past I had visited the Birraporetti's location on W. Gray in the River Oaks section often. I had always found it to be a fun place and also an establishment that served quality food. My recent visit was with a group from our local college who had come to the city to see a production at the Alley Theater. For convenience the trip co-ordinator had selected this restaurant as it was adjacent to the theater. This visit totally took away my pleasant memories of previous visits.
There were 16 people in our group and we were seated at three different tables. It was apparent that the restaurant was not ready for us (even though reservations had been made) and the whole getting seated experience could best be described as chaotic and frustrating to our group. First we were to sit at one table but then someone decided that we should sit somewhere else. The end result was that none of the tables were ready and it took an extended period of time just getting things co-ordinated. Not the way I would have thought an upscale establishment would have treated their customers, especially ones that had made prior reservations and informed management of our needs.
After being seated a server from the bar came over to take any drink orders. i enjoy good wines and there were not any offered on the wine list. When I inquired about specific wines was told that Cellar 8 was the best Merlot they offered. I also asked about Malbec and the server said they had a house Malbec but she didn't know from which winery it came. This is a minor issue but still the mark of a quality establishment would have been to have known the winery or at least offered to get the information for the customer. Also, the per glass price for the wines offered were comparable to much better vintages at other establishments.
The food service waiter finally arrived and gave menus. He seemed to be preoccupied and to me didn't seem overly interested in our group. Orders were taken and then there was a considerable wait until they were delivered. One of our group asked if bread could be put on the table and was informed almost rudely that all items were ala carte and there would be an extra charge for a basket of bread. In the past when dinner entrees were ordered I remember that a basket of crusty bread with butter was offered...no longer. Again, this is a minor thing but still a further indication of how this establishment has cut back their service and the quality of the dining experience.
When the food arrived I was very disappointed in what I received. Not being very hungry I had ordered the Philly Cheese Sandwich. In years past this was always a delicious choice with grilled onions, tender beef, and savory cheese. This was not the case, what I received was a hard roll with a few pieces of tough beef topped with cheese that was rubbery and dry and no grilled onions. To me it tasted like the whole thing had been microwaved as it was dried out and basically tasteless. Several other diners at the table who ordered dinner entrees also voiced disappointment with the quality of the food and one said the food was cold. My sandwich came with French Fries and they were also barely warm and greasy. After the entrees were delivered we never saw the waiter again until he brought the checks. One of our party had not received any dressing for her salad and had requested some. It didn't arrive until just before the checks were brought. All in all there was little positive that could be said about the dining experience.
I don't like to write negative reviews and try to be objective. I realize that an establishment can have an off-night occasionally and sincerely hope this was the case. At this point I am going to look for other alternatives in the theater district for my dining needs. Hopefully management will take notice of these problems as I know that dining at Biraporetti's was not like this on my past visits.
I did ask several others in our group what their experience had been and all of them felt basically the same as i have written. Several commented that with the price that was charged the service and quality of the food should have been much better.

• Visited June 2014