“First Visit will return-Vegetarian option but ask” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Masraff's

Masraff's
1753 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)
(713) 355-1975
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Masraff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 7,229 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.
Kingwood, Texas
“First Visit will return-Vegetarian option but ask”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went today Valentine's Day for lunch. My husband started with the Garlic Seared Calamari, Oyster Mushroom, Shaved Onion, Cilantro & Soy Reduction which he raved about. For his entree he chose the Duet of Seared Hawaiian Tuna and Diver Scallops, Lemon and Pea Risotto, Sauteed Baby Zucchini and Sunburst Squash, Saffron Emulsion

Vegetarians Beware: Ask if dishes contain any animal products. I was going to get the Wild Mushroom Ravioli, Truffled Lemon Sage Broth but after I told our server I am a veggie he stated this dish has chicken in it but I was not disappointed with the Baby Spinach Salad, Creamed Goat Cheese, Onion Confit, Roasted Walnuts, Garlic Vinaigrette salad I selected instead. It was amazing and my taste buds were pleased.

The ambiance of the place is very nice and classy. The hostess both male and female were nice, but I felt the man was not genuine. My husband and I will return I just hope the other staffers are more hospitable. It seemed a bit stiff but the food was good.

A bit pricey for lunch

Dress: Saw some men with jeans and a dress shirt and or coat. business casual

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place- weird attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I walked to this location from my hotel- definitely the prettiest, upscale, sleek, contemporary location in the area-- with the attitude to boot. They were a little weird at the door-- the bar was nicer but not inviting. After a little while I left and went down the block. The place was packed on a Thursday night but they have very little to compare to or compete with. It looked like a beautiful place for drinks, dinner and a romantic dinner-- if they were nicer and a little less arrogant or cold I would have stayed. But I went down the street and spent just as much and was treated like I was wanted-or not a bother.

Visited January 2013
“Over Rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The girlfriend and I were looking for something new last night, never been to Masraff's before, so we gave it a shot. We started at the bar, service was OK, but the selection of bourbons was limited. On top of that, the drinks served had chunks of black stuff in them and were way over-priced. Then onto our table. The overall appearance of the dining room is pretty bland, representative of a restaurant located at the end of a shopping center. They could definitely use a face lift inside. The service was fine, although the waiter seemed a little crazed. We tried the Diver Scallops and the Herb Seared Hawaiian Tuna. One of the scallops was still cold. The sauce reminded me of a Prego vodka sauce you buy off the shelf in the grocery store, mixed in with some canned corn niblets. The tuna was not very well prepared, lots of connective tissue that was not easily cut. The salad it was served with was over-dressed and soggy.

I'm not sure how this place has reviews better than 3 stars, but I can think of at least two dozen restaurants within a 10-mile radius that are better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Richmond
“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My family all had a great evening celebrating our parents 50th Wedding Anniversary.
Food was amazing; Service was outstanding.
If I lived in Houston - I would become a regular.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Exquisite dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Believe the reviews: this is a first-rate restaurant, from ambience to food to service. I ate my baby spinach salad (something with a potential for being very ordinary -- but it wasn't) slowly, savoring every delicious bite. The chilled colossal crab salad and special fish entree were equally amazing. Great wine and dessert, too. This is an elegant restaurant, with a lively atmosphere. The service is impeccable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere