“My new favorite!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Masraff's

Masraff's
1753 Post Oak Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)
(713) 355-1975
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Masraff's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 7,364 Restaurants in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Description: Masraff's on Post Oak Blvd is a casually elegant upscale restaurant owned and operated by Houston restaurateurs, Tony and Russell Masraff. The restaurant has quickly become a local favorite with it's unique American cuisine and contemporary ambiance. Best described as American cuisine with a touch of Southern Europe, the seafood, fowl, homemade pastas, lamb, beef and seasonal game will satisfy the most discriminating diner. Soon after opening, Masraff's received stellar early reviews, including the prestigious three-star rating from the Houston Chronicle Dining Guide, as well as being named among the ten new restaurants on the culinary cutting edge in the US by The Wall Street Journal. For a delightful culinary experience, dine at the Chef's Table, where the Chef prepares a gourmet six -course dinner of his choosing. The Restaurant, which has recently moved to 1753 Post Oak Blvd from its former location at 1025 S.Post Oak Lane, seats over 200 for lunch and dinner.
Cypress, Texas
“My new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I went with my husband and friends for the first time this weekend and I loved it! The decor is modern without being cold, and it's small enough that it feels kind of cozy (as compared to Pappas Bros Steak house which I love but which is Huge!). The service was attentive without being obnoxious. The menu was varied with many seafood options, and the prices were comparable to other upscale restaurants in town. This is a new favorite of mine and I'll certainly be back!

• Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Great Place in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was at Masraff's for a business dinner at everything was excellent. The service was perfect and well timed. The steak was cooked to perfection and the rest of the meal was also excellent. The location is near the Galleria which is a central spot in Houston. I would recommend Masraff's for either a business dinner for an important client or for a special night out with your partner.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Freshness at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Masraff's obviously is a new restaurant and very upscale. Valet parking guys and a very posh modern interior greet every guest who shows up even at odd times, like me. I visited Masraff's for lunch, but it was already 2:30 pm. I was one of maybe 10 other guests at the time. The menu was relatively short, but they had a few specials that were not on the menu. I ended up getting a fresh dinner size salad with fresh tuna. The freshness of the best sushi quality tuna was so pleasant that I had to ask the waiter where the tuna came from. He said it was flown in from Hawaii just few hours earlier. Wow! The salad with probably a third of a pound of fresh Pacific tuna for around $20 seemed cheap to me all of a sudden. They also have a wonderful wine selection, but I will have to try it next time I am there.

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Pleasant last minute reservation! Arrived early and we were seated immediately, hostess being very pleasant and cordial. Adam our server was great! Took care of us with a nice sense of humor! I ordered the rack of lamb and my husband the bison. Both were excellent and the highest of quality. Lamb has not tasted this good in who knows how long. We were definitely impressed. Wonderful atmosphere, excellent service and concerned management who stopped by to see how we were. We will be back and will highly reccomend!!

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Possibly the best new restaurat in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

OK, OK.. So Masraff's is better described as newish, rather than new. But still, it ranks really high in my list of recent additions to Houston's long list of great cuisine options.

The atmosphere and ambiance is great. People, for the most part, dress up to go to Masrraf's. If wheather is appropriate, try to sit on their deck, which is isolated from the busy Post Oak road by a wall fountain. You will enjoy sitting outside. I found the sound of running water very relaxing.

Their wine list is ample and varied, yet carefully chosen. Their bottles of
wine are not cheap... but you will appreciate they are not cheap wines!! Their list of rose wines is a bit short (~4 options) but during our last visit to
Masraff's we found.a great Italian rose.

The menu is not that long. Yet it's made of pure substance. Try the seared tuna, my favorite; but stop chatting and eat it while still warm, as they will bring it just seared, barely cooked on the outside, and close to raw in the inside. They serve it with mashed potatoes, and I trust those are fine, but mashed potatoes are not my favorite, so they were kind enough to replace them with the Chef's rissotto, which was great.

If you are not into tuna, their rack of lamb is very soft and it comes with carefully cooked asparragus and... mashed pitatoes. Again, if you are not into them, you can get some vegetables or rissotto.

If you are on a diet, stop reading... Otherwise, try their banana split with ice cream, caramelized pecan, blueberies and strawberries. it will make you feel happy!!!

I hope you enjoy Masrraf's as much as we did. Happy meal!!