“Great Food , Good service , Good atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 7,276 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Great Food , Good service , Good atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was invited out for dinner here by two great friends. For a Monday night the restaurant was very busy , great atmosphere.
Food was excellent , Crab was top class, service was great , would definetly recommend and return again when next in Houston.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
“Surf and Turf”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

A very large, bustling restaurant, catering to couples and large groups. Noisy but not overpowering. Portions are large and the food is quite good. Heavy emphasis on seafood and beef as one might expect from the name. I had oysters and a nice piece of broiled fish, my companion had an excellent steak. Would definitely return on another visit to Houston.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“I got Stones in Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I am a big fan of Joe's Stone Crabs in Miami, FL. That's where I go several times a year for my Stone fix since 2005. So- I know stone crabs, we greet on first name basis. However... Everyone had been telling me to go to Trulucks for claws, that they are just as good. It took me awhile, but I finally made it. And I must say, they have great Stones. No, they are not as big as Joes, but they are fresh, perfectly cooked and sweet and tender. And a dinner at Trulucks doesn't require TSA and flight delays. As a surprise, their sauce is better in my opinion than every other place I have tried. Remember the crabs are seasonal, so check to see if they have them first before showing up if that's what you are after. I'm very happy I took the advise to try them. But the show stopper was the carrot cake...do not miss this dessert. It is huge, and by far the best version I have ever had. The batter is perfectly tender and not overly spiced (which is the first down fall of most attempts). Clearly the carrots and nuts and fruits are intended to be tasted, but it's done with subtlety. I never had a bad bite. The frosting compliments the cake, has a complexity without being cloyingly sweet or gritty. And there is a topping... I'm not going to tell you about this Gilded Lily, it should be a delightful surprise. Just order it, share if you must. Or eat the whole thing by yourself while you pretend it counts as a veggie. Disappointment will not visit your table.

Galveston Island, Texas
“Super food and service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This Houston staple is absolutely great. We had the filet special with shrimp on top.. Great choice. Not cheap but worth the cost.

Houston, Texas
“Best Seafood in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have been to Trulucks many times and have never been disappointed. We recently visited as a double birthday celebration and all of our party had a delicious meal and wonderful experience. the seafood is always cooked to perfection and the staff are always attentive without being overbearing.

• Visited July 2014