“Great meal and amazing service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Columbia, Missouri
“Great meal and amazing service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went here with family while in Houston for business. They live in Houston and had been here before. While it looked busy on the outside, we got in with no reservations. I almost didn't want to go inside based on the cars parked outside. Almost every other car was a luxury brand. We were dressed casually and I feared we would feel out of place. Happy to report that was not the case. The staff made us feel very welcome and while this was an upscale restaurant, anyone would feel comfortable here. We had some amazing entrees. I had the miso glazed sea bass which was incredible. I would easily go back to this restaurant if in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really wanted this place to rock..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was looking for a mini vacation and decided on Houston to visit family and friends. I made a reservation for Truluck’s about a week before with no hassle. The location is good, just down the road from the Galleria with plenty of other shops and restaurants nearby. Before going I was warned that the meal will be one of the most expensive meals and I was okay with that. I knew what I was getting into. The atmosphere is very nice, romantic, and conformable. We did manage to get a booth that faced the kitchen so our view was the doors opening and closing all night with stressed wait staff running around.

Our waiter was interesting, treated my mother like a queen and turned on the flirt so aggressively we were all beginning to get uncomfortable. It was sort of cute at first, hey my mother is a lovely woman and deserves the attention, however when another waiter stopped by to show us dessert and answered every question with yes, beautiful and of course gorgeous..I sort of wanted to throw up. I soon noticed that the rest of the party was barley spoken too and the waiter must have thought she was the paying party because the look on his face was priceless when I grabbed the check..nice try..too late to shamelessly flirt with me..lol

Shameless tactic #1 – flirt with the paying party and ignore the rest because let’s face it, they don’t tip.
Shameless Tactic #2 – When asked about wine immediately recommend the most expensive wine
Shameless Tactic #3 – Serve all food with the good quality on top the older, less quality on bottom..they won’t notice because they are drinking the super expensive wine we just talked them into.

This is a business to make money. When asking for a glass of wine they immediately point out the most expensive. We ordered the Stone Grab platter and loved the claws on top, but we all noticed the claws on bottom were quit gross. (Ref. Tactic # 2 and #3)

Quick Tips:
Make a reservation and ask not to be seated facing the kitchen
Take a good look over the wine selection, it may be worth the purchase of a nice bottle to share vs a glass. And if you have a good idea on the price of the bottle, don’t choke on the markup..remember this is a business!

If I had it to do all over again, I would order a few nice appetizers a few good glasses of wine and a dessert to share (they are huge!!)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome seafood & steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

When I say that the food here is A1 it might be an understatement. I had the chicken, steak, and seafood. It was a platter that offered all 3. The service is great and there's no waiting when you have a reservation. 1 of the best places to eat in Houston!!!

Cypress, Texas
“Good Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Went to Trulucks for wife's bday and had a great time. Restaurant is nice and clean, had valet parking. It was sunday and they had live music in the bar area. We were late to the reservation but seated immediately. Waiter Chris was very good, was a little slow initially on our alcoholic drinks but improved during our 3 hour stay. Drinks were good and cold. Had the mussels which were good but not anywhere near the best I've had. Probably would not order again. The smoked oysters were outstanding, I will be trying to make those at my house. For dinner I got the crab claw dinner which comes with 8 mediums and 2 sides. We add 3 more mediums on and shared with the wife. As always, outstanding. Don't even need to use mustard sauce they provide, just eat em. Folks at the table ordered various items and everyone thought it was excellent.

This place can put a dent in your wallet. $5.50 for Miller Lite for example but it is on Westheimer and is a upper rung place so worth it occasionally.

I will be back, probably on a Monday during stone crab season so I can put a hurtin on them during all u can eat...:)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We went with another couple and had a great experience. Throughout the whole evening the service was absolutely super! The four of us started with a Caesar salad, Sonoma greens salad, and two poblano soups...and all were outstanding! The mains were sea bass, cioppino, stone crab claws and filet dynamite......all were wonderful. We had a great evening with wonderful food and service!

Visited January 2014