“Birthday visit” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 7,278 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In between Sage and Yorktown
Description: Discover Truluck’s. An escape for the senses, at sensible prices. Savor the freshest Florida Stone Crab direct from our own fisheries, and a fresh-catch seafood menu updated weekly by our chef. Along with tender, juicy steaks grilled to perfection, and over 100 wines by the sampling, glass, and bottle.
Dayton, Texas
“Birthday visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is one of our very special places to go to celebrate and this time we went for a birthday. The food was awesome as usual, and service excellent. I had stone crab claws to start, and my wife had the poblano soup with shrimp. Claws were fresh and very good; the soup was rich and just spicy enough. I then ordered the Dungness Crab, a favorite since eating the first one in Seattle, and my wife had a steak. We had not told the waiter about it being a birthday visit, but he must have over heard some conversation, because at the end of the meal, he brought out a dessert with "happy birthday" written on the plate, and poured liquid on fire on top to heat the sauce. Everything was perfect for a celebration. Defintely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas, United States
“I love this Place, My Favorite of them all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Well, the title speaks for itself, I love this place. Everything about this place is excellent to me. All the food is great, the service is great, they're located in a great part of town, and they have the best carrot cake EVER MADE! I promise, just try it, it'll change your life! I could go on, and on, and on, about this place but I spare you my enthusiasm and let you try it for yourself. This my favorite restaurant of them all! I'll upload some more photos later!

• Visited October 2012
Rome, Italy
“Amazing seafood, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I use to go there either for business or with my family and never left unhappy. I always go for seafood (I'm basically addicted to their fried prawns) so I cannot comment about meat. I had the opportunity to taste many other seafood proposal such as steamed crab, crab cake, tuna tartare, alaskan crab claws, and each one was delicious, no exceptions. Very good desserts as well.
Wine list quite wide and exhaustive.
Service very accurate.
Like almost any other restaurant of this kind in Houston, they tend to save on the power bill and keep the entire restaurant pretty dark.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food, crab claws are pre-opened for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy the fresh seafood here. I recommend coming Monday night, you pay one low price for unlimited crab claws.

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“I eaten much better cioppino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We dined at Trulucks a month ago and the three of us had stone crabs. They were very good. This visit my wife ordered three medium stone crabs but they had only the large ones. We had the same experience with the prior visit. For a restaurant that specializes in stone crabs you would expect them to have what is shown on the menu. My big disappointment this visit was with my dish, cioppino. I order cioppino when if find it in seafood restaurants that have it on the menu. I have had especially good cioppino in San Francisco and the West Coast. This chioppino was loaded with too much calamari, had very small shrimp like the frozen Asian import type. It had some mussels, fish and a small amount of blue crab. I would not recommend cioppino at this restaurant. They have other good items on the menu but cioppino is not up to par with the best in Houston. If want good cioppino in Houston dine at Arturos, Mandola's or the Salt Water grill in Galveston. The cioppio at McCormicks and Schmicks is not very good either. Good Houston cioppino has large Gulf shrimp, scallops and lots of crab as well as mussels and fish.

• Visited August 2013