“Great restaurant tucked in a corner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backstreet Cafe

Backstreet Cafe
1103 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019 (Neartown/ Montrose)
713-521-2239
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 6,990 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, International, Eclectic
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
“Great restaurant tucked in a corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently had dinner at Backstreet Cafe in Houston and everything was excellent. It is tucked away in corner in the River Oaks area and is well worth whatever it takes to find it. The service is impeccable, the menu selections are great and wonderfully prepared, and the atmosphere is great. Do not leave until you have tried the pear salad! You can have it as your salad before dinner or it can even be served as desert. I highly recommend this place to gather with friends, business associates or for that romantic dinner.

• Visited March 2013

Houston, Texas
“One of the top in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The con is ...always full...reservation is a must. There is not a thing I can find fault with this restaurant. Each dish is made for you and presentation is superb and perfect. And you come to expect this everytime and receive it.

• Visited December 2012
Texas
“Eat On The Patio and Enjoy a Romantic Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Suggest make a reservation for the patio which is very nice and great for a romantic dinner. Good atmosphere. There is also some good seating inside downstairs. Our waiter Martin provided us with good service and recommendations. I started with the Harvest Salad $8.50 and for entree the Pecan Chicken $18 my spouse had the Corn Crab Cakes $13.00. Both meals were excellent and we will most definitely go back. Complementary Valet parking is available

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We always come here for brunch. This restaurant is always busy so it's better if you make a reservation first. Parking is kinda hard so the valet service they have really help and it's free, but we always give a tip to the valet guy. The food is great, but a bit pricey.and the atmosphere is really nice. If you are bored with what's on the menu, try the specials. They have a cute backyard if you want to sit outside.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“special lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the Backstreet cafe January 4th. I love this restaurant but my husband has only been there once before. The wait staff, Robert in particular, was great. I usually order the crab cakes and roasted pear salad but asked Robert for a suggestion. He suggested quail appetizer for us to share and, for me, the red snapper special. My husband had the fried lobster sandwich. Both meals were wonderful. My fish was cooked to profection with a rich butter sauce, roasted potatoes and a spinach puree. We tried the dessert trio with Robert's suggestion as well.( I usually don't get dessert) We enjoyed a great lunch overlooking the patio. (rainy and cold so dined inside) I love this place and now my husband does too. Good atmosphere, different but delicious entrees, and great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013