“One of the top in Houston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backstreet Cafe

Backstreet Cafe
1103 S Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77019 (Neartown/ Montrose)
713-521-2239
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, Texas
“One of the top in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The con is ...always full...reservation is a must. There is not a thing I can find fault with this restaurant. Each dish is made for you and presentation is superb and perfect. And you come to expect this everytime and receive it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Texas
“Eat On The Patio and Enjoy a Romantic Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Suggest make a reservation for the patio which is very nice and great for a romantic dinner. Good atmosphere. There is also some good seating inside downstairs. Our waiter Martin provided us with good service and recommendations. I started with the Harvest Salad $8.50 and for entree the Pecan Chicken $18 my spouse had the Corn Crab Cakes $13.00. Both meals were excellent and we will most definitely go back. Complementary Valet parking is available

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We always come here for brunch. This restaurant is always busy so it's better if you make a reservation first. Parking is kinda hard so the valet service they have really help and it's free, but we always give a tip to the valet guy. The food is great, but a bit pricey.and the atmosphere is really nice. If you are bored with what's on the menu, try the specials. They have a cute backyard if you want to sit outside.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“special lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at the Backstreet cafe January 4th. I love this restaurant but my husband has only been there once before. The wait staff, Robert in particular, was great. I usually order the crab cakes and roasted pear salad but asked Robert for a suggestion. He suggested quail appetizer for us to share and, for me, the red snapper special. My husband had the fried lobster sandwich. Both meals were wonderful. My fish was cooked to profection with a rich butter sauce, roasted potatoes and a spinach puree. We tried the dessert trio with Robert's suggestion as well.( I usually don't get dessert) We enjoyed a great lunch overlooking the patio. (rainy and cold so dined inside) I love this place and now my husband does too. Good atmosphere, different but delicious entrees, and great atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nice place for brunch. Good food and atmosphere. It's a nice different place to go that often gets forgotten because of it's location.

Visited October 2012