“Love this Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Damian's Cucina Italiana

Damian's Cucina Italiana
3011 Smith St, Houston, TX 77006 (Midtown)
(713) 522-0439
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Damian's Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 7,276 Restaurants in Houston
Cross street: Anita / Rosalie
Houston, Texas
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is our Go To for special occasions. Great service and really good Italian food. Risotto is really good and the seafood is always fresh and delish! Love the appetizers too.

Visited December 2013

Niceville, Florida
“Best Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

During our two week stay in Houston, we ate here four times. The food is wonderful with fresh ingredients and authentic recipes. The wines by the glass list is extensive and perfect for your Italian meal. The staff is attentive and extremely courteous. We felt like family. Whenever we are in Houston, we will always make a point to eat here at least once.

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Service and food are great! Ambience is excellent. An old Houston favorite for good reasons. Wine list is excellent, too.

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“Delicious business dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had a business dinner at Damian’s last night and it was one of the best meals that I’ve had in Houston in a long time! The ambiance is classical Italian, comfortable and quiet. I started with a glass of the Sangiovese and it was lovely. My companion has a Pinot Grigio that she enjoyed as well. They brought out rosemary bread that smelled delicious. I’m glad I only ate one small piece dipped in seasoned olive oil because everything else was even better. We both went with the chef’s specials for the evening. We started with the lobster bisque in a bread bowl with sherry. The bisque was rich, creamy, delicious and wonderful. It had pieces of lobster in it and it just melted in my mouth. I felt a little bad about leaving all the beautiful bread in the bread bowl! For our main courses we enjoyed 8 ounce filets, stuffed with lobster and finished with a wine reduction. It was served with scalloped potatoes and a zucchini, squash, carrot mix. The veggies were good and seasoned well, but the steak was marvelous. It was tender, flavorful, juicy – all that you hope for in a steak. The potatoes were creamy and delicious too. We finished with a tiramisu and cappuccinos. The tiramisu was beautiful and so good and was perfectly complemented by the cappuccino. Throughout the meal our waiter was attentive, his assistants kept our water glasses filled and attended to our every need. I would go back to Damian’s again and definitely recommend the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Langley, Washington
“I am glad we had mid-week reservations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Although the restaurant was full on a Tuesday evening, the table service was attentively professional. The wine menu is diverse and interesting. My guests were pleased with my off of the cuff selection of the wine. All five of us enjoyed our excellent meals.
I was a nice change of pace to dine in a white table cloth establishment.
I would certainly eat here again.

• Visited November 2013