“Thai Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Spring, Texas
“Thai Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It's been a long time since I visited Kanomwan and wondered if the quality was still the same since the owner, Mr. Charoenrat, passed away. My husband use to work nearby and we had many a lunch dates there and very fond memories of him.

The decor was still the same and the food still a hit. I started with my usual Thai tea, even though the restaurant is BYOB. The egg-rolls were steaming hot on the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. Next up was the Tom Ka Gai (chicken coconut soup) which was spicy and sweet with just the right amount of acidity from the limes. Finally, the green chicken curry! This is not for beginners! It has a thick, spicy sauce that will instantly clear your sinuses.

I have never had a bad meal at Kanomwan and looks like that's still the case.

Visited May 2014

Houston, Texas
“Best Thai Soup in Town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I love the soup at this restaurant. They have a few choices of soup, and they are all delicious! I think the service is very efficient, although some reviewers feel it is not very friendly. I disagree, their staff mean business, and that business is getting food to your table as quickly as possible.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston
“Good food with a sufficient range of spiciness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I think this place will suit most folks. From those with really sensitive taste buds to the ones who like to sweat and cry over their plates. I do not enjoy spicy food and ordered a chicken Padi Tai. It was delicious, flavorful and not spicy. I tasted my companion's soup and it was pretty hot, but nothing that a generous serving of steamed rice would not solve. The place was pretty packed for lunch, but we did not have to wait. The service was prompt and courteous. I would return there again and would recommend it to others.

• Visited February 2014
“Spicy spicy!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Good food and consistent fast service. Typically eat each for lunches and it gets packed quick. If you like spicy dishes this place has some that will leave you sweating.

Houston, Texas
“We were in the neighborhood and visited again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have been going to Kanomwan since their original restaurant (two moves ago) when it was just Mr. Charoenrat and his wife. We miss the boss and always think of him when we go back, but we had a great dinner.

It was getting late, so the restaurant was relatively quiet. We ordered our food and it came out very quickly.

We had TOM KA GAI, the chicken soup with coconut and it was delicious. It was slightly spicy, and the flavors came through nicely. We had the small size but it was more than enough for two people.

We also had the GANG PED (beef in red curry) and the PPK with shrimp. My wife and I both enjoyed them very much and they gave us plenty.

Service was fast and our food came very quickly. I know this has been a problem in the past but they had plenty of help.

They have raised the prices since the last time we were there, so it is not "cheap" any more, but I still think it is reasonable value for the quality you get.

• Visited December 2013