“Still the best food in Houston” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Churrascos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 7,200 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Shepherd
Description: Further south than you have ever been before for dinner.
Dickinson, North Dakota
“Still the best food in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A quiet yet festive atmosphere, with dead on service, every time. It has been a few years since I have been to Churrascos. I was so happy to see that nothing has changed. The plantain chips with chimichurri still lights up the taste buds and we continued with a plate of chicken empanadas. An incredible steak that melted in my mouth was the high point for me, while my friend ate a plate of seafood...shrimp, salmon, scallops. Not enough room for dessert, but we certainly left happy. Excellent decor service, and food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We really like to go here for special occasions. It is quiet and the service is great. The food is so good. You get quality food and a really good price. It is not too expensive. It is not too fancy that you feel you have to go elegant with your dress attire.

I definitely recommend coming here if you want a nice eating atmosphere with great food for a special occasion.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

America's, Churrasco's, and Artista represent nothing but the best and elegance when it comes to South American food. I eat here at least once a weak just because of how much I like the soups (chicken tortilla is my favorite but I'll settle for Tomato Basil...). The only thing I wish though is that they would offer their soups of the day every day! When it comes to steaks, they do a great job but I'm mainly a seafood person so I'll give a lot more props to their shrimp and fish dishes. They have some of the best basmati rice and it is and absolute must that for at least one month, you catch a wine dinner! No matter what you pick here, you'll leave a happy camper just off of ambiance alone! Very romantic and peaceful, what more could you ask for! Oh, they just upgraded their outdoor patio, GREAT seats!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

One of my all time favorites. This is somewhat of a unique experience. Very popular with the young professionals. The cuisine is very delectable.

Visited October 2012
“Great Steaks, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have been to Churascos several times and this place NEVER disappoints. The steaks are Great! We love the crispy plantains with a couple of different dipping sauces they serve before the meal. They have a wonderful wine selection and we have the flan for dessert several times, best flan we have had anywhere. We also always get the smoked crab claws as an appetizer, they are so good. This place is pricey, but the food and service are always great.

• Visited January 2013