“Service, food, atmosphere, all five stars” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prego Italian Cuisine

Prego Italian Cuisine
2520 Amherst St, Houston, TX 77005 (University Place)
(713) 529-2420
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: University Place
Majorca, Spain
“Service, food, atmosphere, all five stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I can't add much to the already great reviews posted here other than to say that the very few mediocre reviews may be folks who had anomalous experiences or caught Prego on an off night; and perhaps some just didn't like it. I get that too. However, I just loved this place, from the moment I walked in to the moment I was seated, served by fantastic and attentive staff, and then fed some really, really great italian food. So many places do Italian mediocre and charge very high prices for it. Prego is an exception. They do italian food exceptionally well and charge a very reasonable price for it. No complaints. This place is awesome and will be on my regular rotation whenever I visit Houston.

• Visited April 2014

Anderson, South Carolina
“Not your normal Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

You won't find the usual spaghetti, ravioli and lasagna on this menu. They are there, but the ingredients aren't the norm. I chose ravioli stuffed with a mixture of beef, mushrooms and cheese, covered with a delicious sauce. What a gastronomical delight! The wait staff were friendly and efficient and there were plenty of them. This is a restaurant you don't want to miss! Highly recommended.

Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Great dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Wife and I had dinner here tonight. Breads served before dinner were great. We ordered the sweet potato gnocchi appetizer and it was very good. Brown butter sauce on the gnocchi its awesome.
Dinner came out quickly, just as we were finishing the last bite of the app. My wife had butternut squash ravioli with brown butter sauce and walnuts. She let me try a bite and it was delicious. Very creamy and smooth. The flavors all worked very well together. Just a wonderful dish.
I had the lasagna with meatballs. Another delicious dish. Way more food than I could finish. I ate about half of it.
We split the tiramisu for dessert and it was also tasty. Nice and light.
Or service throughout the dinner was outstanding. We never had to a ask for anything but the service didn't feel suffocating.
We highly recommend this place if you're in the area.

Kingwood, Texas
“Wonderful food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went to Prego to celebrate my boyfriend, Mike's birthday. We were seated quickly. Everybody loved the food. I ordered the chicken stuffed with prossciutto and mozzarella cheese with scalloped potatoes. It was very delicious. My dad and Mike ordered the lasagna. They both said it was wonderful. My mom had one of the specials, parmesian crusted red snapper with shrimp and lump crab. Everything was great. Our waiter was very friendly. The only thing I can say, which might seem kind of tacky is they did not bring a dessert to Mike for his birthday. Other than that, I would definitely go back to this place if I was in the area.

• Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Prego has been around for many years but I had not visited in a while. I was not disappointed by my return visit. Had a delicious brunch. Try the crab cakes. Absolutely fantastic. The dessert was also to die for. Service was excellent.

• Visited December 2013