“Hidden gem in Kingwood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #466 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Continental
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Stonehollow Dr.
“Hidden gem in Kingwood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

First time there and it was a banquet with about 50 people. I was amazed at the quality of the food and service with such a big group. Everything was delicious!

• Visited April 2014

Houston, Texas
“Wonderful intimate dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Have been here multiple times and the service and food is consistently good. I enjoy the Chorizo Stuffed Quail and the Poached Pear Salad. My husband usually goes for the Strip steak or the Ribeye and I always enjoy getting to taste his too. The music is nice and the atmosphere is very intimate. This is the place we go when we just want to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and sit back and enjoy a nice and quiet evening out. I will note that I have ordered the Crab Cake Veranda and the Salmon Poblano and was not a fan but think it just didn't match my personal taste preferences as my husband thought it was good.

You won't go wrong giving this restaurant a try.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Back for angus fillet mignon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

A year later, and the fillets got better. Fluffy, soft, tasty angus fillets that could be cut with a butter knife and came with seasoned red potatos and green beans. We wanted a bake potato, but we were pleasantly surprised with the sides included. I found a 25 dollar off coupon in the entertainment book making the meal price very affordable as each meal was 28. There were just 2 couples in the dining room, soft music and relaxing atmosphere made for a great break after a challenging work wednesday. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
“Simply the best....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited with friends who live in Kingwood and we thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. It is in an enchanted location, really pretty. The hostess welcomed us and made us feel very welcome. Although it was midweek and the restaurant was quiet we enjoyed beautifully cooked food in a really lovely atmosphere. The music which was played quietly in the background, was recordings of the host and hostess who obviously have a lot of musical talent.. The only disadvantage was it only sold wine and beer, no liquor but that didnt bother us. Although it was very pricey we certainly enjoyed it and would go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Awesome steaks and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As I drove up to the Veranda, my 1st impression was... A Bed & Breakfast from Vermont. Inside has a warm atmosphere with piano, warm romantic music and a friendly staff... Ray was my waiter... and the owner's husband. He filled the night with stories about music as both he and his wife will sit down and sing or their recorded soft music... Its soft music, similar to the Carpenters, but jazzed up a notch. Make reservations anytime in the day for times between 5 and 7:30, they are not open late like 10pm on weekdays. There is also a large room for big partys. Now for the food, the Fillet Mignon is awesome, cooked right the 1st time as a medium, the veggies and potatos were tasty and priced less than a Ruth's Chris. PLUS, if you use the entertainment book, you get up to $25 off with a coupon for 1 entree.. If you are looking for a little romance and not the party spot, you want a good fresh meal and to relax away from the hustle of the city, I give it a strong review. I'm a New Yorkers and lived in other city's from Miami, Orlando and Chicago. This is relaxing! We went 2 weeks ago when Madona came to Houston and between both, it was a great night.

• Visited October 2012