“Wonderful Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Perry's Steakhouse & Grille

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille
487 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, TX 77058 (Clear Lake)
(281) 286-8800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 7,036 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Doing business, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Clear Lake
Cross street: Seawolf
Description: Long considered one of the premier steakhouses in Texas, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille has earned a faithful following by perfecting prime since 1979. With an award-winning menu and private dining rooms, Perry’s is perfect for any occasion large or small, casual or formal. And Social Hour offers half-price appetizers and specials on wines and martinis, or enjoy live entertainment evenings. At Perry’s, we believe your dining experience should always be Rare and Well Done!
Houston, Texas, United States
“Wonderful Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had been to Perry's maybe ten years ago and I remember thinking it was just okay and overpriced. Well, there are only a few fine dining establishments in our area. It was my 59th Birthday and I thought we'd give this another shot. Am I glad we did!

First: Have to give a shout out to Jennifer, our server. She was there when we needed her, but not intrusive at all. Very good service!

Now, on with the meal.

Appetizers: Oysters on the half shell, and Asparagus with crab. All I can say is Yum!

Soup and Salad: Had lobster bisque which was creamy and a little

spicy. Split a wedge salad with bacon and blue cheese dressing. These were both really good.

Entree: I had the filet and lobster, hubby had the filet. We got potatoes au gratin and creamed spinach as our sides. It was all wonderful. The steak was so tender!

Dessert: Because it was my birthday, Jennifer advised us at the start of the meal that I would get a mini trio of desserts on the house. Well, by the end of the meal we were so full, but wanted a flambeed dessert! So I asked her, meekly, if it would be okay to pack the mini desserts up to take home. She didn't bat an eye. She said, of course, it was my birthday!! So we ordered the Nutty D'Angelo, and I am glad we did. They flambee nuts in brandy and brown sugar. Then they put it over ice cream that has been coated in white chocolate. My taste buds were singing!

The meal was expensive, but well worth it.

The whole meal and ambience were wonderful. I will definitely not be waiting ten years to go back. I think this is my special occasion place from now on!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

League City, Texas
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Perry's is known for great food and I've never been disappointed here. The pork chops are amazing and the service is wonderful.

Visited September 2012
Palm Desert
“Clear Lake Location is outtanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just celebrated a birthday there and it was fabulous. For a large party, we had the most attentive service, never without food or drinks. Most of the people had filets or chateau Briand and they were superb. There was a three piece music ensemble that added to the festive atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Perry's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Overrated with very inexperienced staff at La Centerra in Katy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The staff, though friendly, have not been trained in basic service. I have gone twice and had the same experience. Host, cocktail, and main server were all similarly lost.

Visited May 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Amazing steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Really delicious steak. Oysters good too.

Has a private room as business function. The main eating area looked cramped (and packed), but I guess that's the consequence of success.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere