“Fresh and delicous.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arpi's Phoenicia Deli

Arpi's Phoenicia Deli
12151 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77077 (Formerly Phoenicia Cafe and Deli)
281-558-0416
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #185 of 7,276 Restaurants in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Fresh and delicous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Phoenicia Deli is a great spot for lunch. Probably the best hummus I've ever had. Their zesty and tangy tabbouleh on a crisp salad is my favorite. I'm a salad fan at lunch, so I've never tried the shawarma, but it looks and smells terrific. You can order along a cafeteria-style line and try dozens of mouth-watering middle eastern choices.

Stop here for lunch, then walk next door to their amazing grocery store. You can spend hours wandering the aisles. It's a perfect place to pick up olive oil, coffee, spices, cured olives, flat breads, fresh lamb, fresh fish, and incredible baklava. Um...they even sell lamb testicles and brains if you've got a hankering.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Katy, Texas
“Still really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Went back to Phoenicia for lunch recently.
Still really good stuff.
The flavorful shawarma is still there and the wide variety of side orders and salads is very nice.
I keep wanting to try other things but the olive salad and tabbouleh keep calling my name.

This is also a good place to go if you are trying to stick to a meal plan. Lots of salad options and non-fried meats are available.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
houston
“world food available at good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

if you are new to USA and miss home make sure you visit them! I am sure you can find something that reminds you from back home! If you are an american and would like to experience some good quality international foods this is the place to go and buy it! It;s the real deal not some food with a label on it. the taste is really imported from all over the world.

Visited June 2012
Walla Walla, Washington
“Rating the deli more than the restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I don't know that I really experienced the restaurant, as I only used the deli section (but did sit in the chairs to eat what I bought). The deli was within easy walking distance from the hotel where I stayed (Hilton Americas) and I found it to be an excellent value. They had a wonderful selection of meats and cheeses, and also salads, pastries, candy, soda and alcohol from all over the world. I was especially glad to purchase Marmite (though I was really looking for Vegemite), and some organic candies to take home to my family.

My first trip there I ordered a leek pie that was really stringy (though really, with leeks, I don't know that you can get around that) and a tabouleh salad that seemed to be primarily made of parsley. Then again, I paid about $4 for both items, so I didn't feel like I could complain. My second time there, I purchased a wonderful chicken curry salad, and a nice cucumber salad. Then I supplemented the meal with some cheese, nuts, chips, and a soda. The bill was still very reasonable, and I had a carpet picnic in my hotel room.

My one complaint (other than the leek pie) is that the check-out process was a bit slow.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Middleeastern Market and Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went here in search of some things to take home and found the deli, which was very tasty. They have spits with chicken, beef and lamb...pita sandwiches were great. If you're at the Hilton, do not miss this place for an inexpensive lunch or dinner!

Visited May 2012