“Wow, this place hit the spot - upscale and fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Houston, Texas
“Wow, this place hit the spot - upscale and fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We travel alot and find it hard to locate good restaurants that turn out to be what we were hoping for. This restaurant is lively, fun and upscale. We went on a Saturday night, so keep that in mind for my review. So many interesting points -- great people watching, great service (thanks, Wesley!), amazing food -- plenty of choices for those hard-to-please types, and foodies alike. You can also enjoy the adjoining Winebar or Mixology, and a DJ area for dancing (but not for those that like deafening techno stuff with blaring lights - none of that here) -- just a great evening in general. Travelers don't have to worry about where else to go after dinner when you are stuck with taxi-service. Best part, people DRESS UP to come here -- hallalujah! In Houston, that's RARE (we live here, we know you shorts-n-flip-flop people that think they can just go anywhere... ). Jeans are cool if you dress them up; dressy shorts with heels, you bet, plenty of party dresses; hold the sequins. You'll want to come back because it's a lot to enjoy in just one evening!

Houston
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

OK, yes, the original chef is gone, but they hardly missed a beat. Oliver, our waiter, made it one of the most fun dining experiences in a long time. We started with the cheese brûlée and pork/duck confit spring rolls. We could've stopped here. Cheese was our favorite dish. Everyone had something different for dinner...pasta, pizza, snapper, burger. I was the only one slightly disappointed. Burger was overlooked and not hot. Too many choices on desert tray. We tried a couple but this was my least favorite part of the meal. Very good wine selections. We had the Reynolds Family Persistence which is one of our favorite red blends. Very fairly priced. All in all we lived the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Paleo/Vegan Restaurant w/ Great Options For Meat/Potato Lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This is one of the trendiest restaurants in Houston. It's only been open about a year, but Sting and Derek Jeter have already been here. If you are NOT a Vegan or Paleo food fan, then listen, listen, listen to what I have to say before you order. Chef Bruce Molzan owns this restaurant. I have had the privilege to eat twice at the Mansion in Dallas. (On my honeymoon) Based on the honey glazed pork chop meal that I had, Chef Molzan is not as good as the Mansion chefs, but he can at least play in the same ballpark. Both the pork chop and vegetables were superior. IF YOU ARE NOT A VEGAN OR PALEO FAN, ORDER A STEAK FILET OR HONEY GLAZED PORKCHOP DINNER. If you are Vegan or a Paleo lover, or you eat non-gluten, you will love this place. It has very many options for you, perhaps the best in Houston. Also, if you are a non-vegan, non paleo person like me, for dessert I suggest the creme brulee, oh my, my, my! If you want to try your first vegan or paleo dish, which I didn't, I've been told that the avocado chocolate dessert is a great first try. (But there was no way I would trade it for the crème brulee!)
You really must have reservations at this place, the earlier you reserve, the more likely you are to get a table. This restaurant is very popular. Believe it or not, they have a few air-conditioned, climate controlled OUTDOOR booths available. I'll try to post a photo later. On the Saturday evening in June when I was there, all of the action was indoors. Outdoors was more quiet and intimate. (But don't eat outdoors in Houston in the summer without those air-conditioned booths) Men should dress business casual or designer jeans/shirt. Women were dressed in anything from knock-you-to-the-floor long gowns or mini-skirts and heels, to designer jeans/designer blouses. Most patrons were in the 25 to 55 year range, with a scattering of older folks. This is not a good place to bring children. I saw none. My meal was $24.00 without drink or dessert. I think entrees were $18 to $36. The atmosphere is unique. The building is not new, but very nicely converted and decorated. They have some all green glass chandeliers. They have a wine room. They have Warhol and Calder and George Rodrigue prints on the wall. It's one of a kind, and you should try it if you are in Houston.

“Style over substance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We ha
I hosted a luncheon and we sampled several dishes. On the plus side, the service was very good. I did not like the flavor of several dishes. Others in my party liked everything. The pizza is ok. Hummus is good if you like cumin, I do not. The cocktails sound better than they taste.

Visited June 2014
“Tasty & Cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall, this was a great experience. We went there because I was excited about a paleo-friendly restaurant. We made a reservation (yes they are that popular) for my Birthday. The restaurant is somehow related to a consortium of places there, Bar 1919 and others. The relationship is not quite clear, they are connected, but not. Anyway, we got the savory creme brulee as an appetizer (obviously not paleo), it was lovely. Then we have the cauliflower risotto with trout, roasted carrots and asparagus in a spicy coconut creme sauce. The dish was perfect. The flavors were interesting and balanced, and the textures were varied and good. We finished up with a paleo desert, and well, it tasted paleo. I would order a regular desert next time.

• Visited May 2014