“outstanding lobster rolls” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Houston,Texas
“outstanding lobster rolls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

After reading about the new Mainely Sandwiches on Shepherd in a restaurant review, we decided to give it a try on a Saturday for lunch. It was fabulous! Delicious bread, lots of lobster and very little mayo. Loved it! Another reviewer was upset because they closed when they ran out of bread. The bun is not grocery store French bread. It is a true lobster roll bun that is NOT sold in any grocery in Houston, Texas. Also tried the lobster bisque which was good and had a few large pieces of lobster in it. It is not inexpensive but worth it! We will return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Finally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

It is everything I hoped for. I go to Maine every year just for the lobster rolls! ;-) Well, that's one reason, for sure. After searching for years, I never found a place in Houston that serves lobster rolls. I was so hoping when I found out about this place that is wasn't a half-hearted attempt at duplicating the authentic Maine sandwich. I was so pleasantly surprised when I went! Myself and 3 of my co-workers (who had never had a lobster roll) went to the Shepard location for lunch. I was so happy when the first bite completely took me back to Maine. The New England style bread was buttery and toasted, and the lobster tasted great. If you've ever had a lobster roll, or ever wanted to, I highly recommend giving Maine-ly Sandwiches a try. I'm looking forward to my next visit so I can try the snow crab roll, which looked great as well. Keep up the great work!

• Visited October 2013
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
“OMG....It's the real thing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went to the location on Shipley, in midtown.
My first bite into the lobster roll was pure ecstasy as I reveled in the texture & freshness of the meaty chunks, creamy dressing and soft buttered bread. I will be dreaming of this sandwich for awhile, since I do not live here. The atmosphere was also very pleasant. Probably one of the best highlights of my trip to Houston. If you live in Houson or or visiting.... Go. Now.

• Visited September 2013
Montgomery, Texas
“Just like Maine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After spending several weeks in Maine last summer I had been dying for a Lobster Roll. Needless to say Houston is not Lobster country. Wanting to travel back to just eat I decided to google Lobster and Houston and this place popped. We drove 50 miles and boy was it worth it!!! The lobster rolls made me feel like I was back at Mabels in Kennebunkport!! We were greeted with a big smile and hello upon entering. My husband had Lobster Bisque that was also great. We will be planning a monthly trip back to have our taste of Maine. Cant wait to try the Whoopie pies.

• Visited August 2013
Cypress, Texas
“Strike One...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After seeing a write up in the paper, my wife and I drove 20 miles to go get one of the famous lobster rolls. We were greeted with a locked door and a hand written sign indicating "out of bread". What? You don't serve anything else? Run down to the Kroger and have them cook up some French bread for you! So we didn't actually get to eat at this restaurant but to run out of the key ingredients to your signature dish is unacceptable. I will be making another unannouced run to this restaurant soon and will follow up with another review. You may want to call to make sure they are open prior to your departure.

• Visited June 2013