“Even better wet!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayou City Bike Tours invites you join us in exploring the city we love. Houston is known for its gracious hospitality and laid-back personality, and there is no better way to see it than by bike! We offer two tours.
Houston
“Even better wet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had some guest in from Denmark, so we decided to tour around Houston because that how the Danes like to do it. We discovered this place and booked our trip. It was last minute on a Monday, but John our tour guide made it happen. I am a native Houstonian and it was great to hear so many positive things and history about the city at each stop/break. Nice bike trails and great views of the city and neighborhood streets. The really strange part was it started to rain so hard, John suggested we make a stop under cover and wait for the rain to stop. Those crazy Danes really didn't care, so John lead us into the rain over the next hour, still managing to stop at all the points, telling us facts and history, all while being rained on. Not a normal rain, but a huge Houston downpour! I don't thing John minded one bit either. I thought it was going to be a little crazy all wet, but we had a great time and had all sorts of people cheering on our group in the rain as we saw the city. I will do it again with my next guests and hope for less rain, but then again, it was even better wet!

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Even though it was 95 degrees, we had a great time seeing all the houston we didn't know existed. Phil was a great guide, the biking was very pleasant for 2 people 54 years old, and we had a fabulous lunch at Hearsay. Looking forward to doing it again....the Pub crawl!!

Ormskirk, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had excellent afternoon, I'm English so knew nothing of the area was looking for a cool way to explore Houston and this was perfect. Wasn't a intense physical work out and a great way to enjoy the weather. John mad Zachary lead us and had some excellent knowledge really friendly and helpful also. Gave us further advice on cool bars and restaurants it was a "awsome" trip. Thanks alot.

Houston, Texas
“Fun Saturday afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had a group of 4 ride the Houston history bike tour. We loved it, the history was neat and being a native Houstonian I learned several things I never knew. I think it's a must for anybody who lives in our great city! Phil is a wonderful tour guide!

Humble, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Bayou City Bike Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I moved to Houston recently and wanted to explore the area. We chose to go on the 3-hour Bayou City Bike Tour and we loved it! We were able to see an awesome view of the city, learn some history, stop by a really neat lounge for lunch and take pictures by the "We love Houston" sign! We were also able to see some key attractions such as Minute Maid Park and Discovery Green Park.