“Needs a lot more work” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayou City Bike Tours invites you join us in exploring the city we love. Houston is known for its gracious hospitality and laid-back personality, and there is no better way to see it than by bike! We offer two tours.
Houston, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Needs a lot more work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The tour guide was not from Houston and it showed. There were multiple places that we passed by on the Downtown tour, and he didn't even point out what the buildings were. We passed directly behind the jail, the courthouses, wortham theater, central post office, hobby center, houston ballet, George R Brown convention center, the Metrorail, etc. For someone who is visitng, they would never know. Be aware that ~1 hour of this tour you have paid for is a "break". This "break" includes leaving your bike with the tour guide while everyone gets food on your own dime.

On a good note, there were some interesting places that he took us to that as a native Houstonian, I did not know existed.

Visited February 2013

Houston, Texas
“The Customized Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went out with a group of friends and fellow Houstonians and had a great experience. Being from Houston we were able to customize and tailor our own trip! Along the way we were refreshed about our great history and some unique Heights history that we didn't know. Taking in the Heights by bike is the best way to go.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Super fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I signed up for the downtown tour...I had a friend in town that had never been to Houston and I was looking for a fun and active way to show off my city! The guides were great, the bikes comfy and easy to ride, and the only time the smile disappeared from my face was when the tour ended. I'm looking forward to trying the Heights tour when I get a chance. I grew up in Houston, but a lot has changed while I was away. Sign up for a tour, even if you are local! You won't regret it.

Cleveland, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome bike tour of Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Jon was a really friendly and knowledgeable tour guide! We drove safely all over Houston and he was very amenable to anything we said we wanted to see. He told us about the history and of various sites we were seeing. It was very enjoyable!

Houston, Texas, United States
“Emma's Birthday Bike Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

John and Phil were awesome! Had a great time! We went throughout the Heights and learned a little about Houston along the way!
They were also very accomidating with our group!