“Great, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta
“Great, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night on business in March 2014. The staff could not have been nicer. The rooms are clean and well appointed, and the restaurant/bar is very nice with good food and a pleasant atmosphere. I ate dinner and breakfast there.

The bed is very firm - so if you like that, you're in luck. The only complaint that I had about the room (and it's possible that they can't do anything about this) is that the water pressure in the shower seemed a little weak, but otherwise, everything was fine. Check in and check out were a breeze.

When I arrived, Carolyn, who checked me in, had no complaints when I asked if my room with 2 doubles could be changed to a king room. (You may be surprised by how annoyed some front desk people are when such a request is made.) She looked up and printed out directions for me to the office I was going to the next morning. Later, Scott provided me with a free breakfast voucher and Angel (the manager) was always available to answer questions and seemed to be doing a great job setting the upbeat tone of the staff.

Also, the free bottles of water and cookies at the front desk were a nice touch. I felt very welcome here and will definitely stay again if my work takes me back to the Houston area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Little Elm, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Excellent staff and food. Used business/meeting rooms. Wonderful service there. Great food. Would definitely go back again and recommend. Sales staff was efficient as well as the group meeting coordinator Tiffany. She was extremely responsive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We traveled to Houston for one night so that my partner could take a professional exam on Saturday morning. The hotel was in a very convenient location for us and was surprisingly comfortable and accommodating. The breakfast early on Saturday was excellent. The price for the room was reasonable. I'd recommend this place for both business and family trips.

Arlington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is a wonderful new facility with all of the amenities needed for a comfortable stay. The rooms are fresh and the floor plan is designed with a great night of sleep in mind. The restaurant has a variety of items to select from, as well as a nice breakfast buffet with special items available.

houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I stay her frequently. They know us by name. The staff is always willing to help in any way possible. The FOOD is to awesome. I would highly recommend this hotel any day. We have utilized the fitness center which is a wonderful spot to get her cardio on. If you need extra towels or pillows they are happy to provide. The staff is always asking if everything is good and if there is anything else that they can do for you. I love the breakfast buffet, the French Toast is my favorite and at dinner time I love the Herb roasted chicken. But actually I think we have tried just about everything on the menu. Try there Wings if you are a wing lover and for dessert I suggest just about anything offered.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked wrong! I had booked a month out and turned up at 1030pm at night. Carolyn and Angel did an excellent job of sorting out another place (because they were booked out). I was back tonight for my night two. Daleela was brilliant at looking after me for dinner and the bar. Best hotel in Houston. I will be back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this location. I am Diamond and have stayed at about every HGI in Houston to Corpus Christi. I enjoy the larger selection for dinner and the front desk checked me in at around 1pm, even though I know most rooms weren't ready. For the evening, I enjoyed my meal at the bar and the bar tender, Daleela, was awesome. So had a great positive attitude and I enjoyed my time around here.

Thanks again,

Tom HHN 228009498

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston NW America Plaza? Share your experiences!