“Very Good, a Favorite of My Sister's” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,309 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Corpus Christi, TX
“Very Good, a Favorite of My Sister's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We went here with family who recommended it. My wife and I agree the vegetable dishes were very good, though she found the chicken with marinara sauce to be dry (chicken breast tends to be) and I thought the lamb shank was overpowered by the sauce. I have high expectations of shank, beef or otherwise, and I wasn't too impressed. The balsamic vegetables were a huge hit, as was the rice.

My sister and brother loved pretty much everything, while my sister-in-law liked almost everything but not as much.

The pita bread was also good, and the atmosphere was very enjoyable. Servers on the cafeteria-style service line were courteous, but not very helpful as we tried to choose from an unfamiliar cuisine. Many of the other customers were dressed in Middle Eastern styles, so they were familiar with the food and stand as a recommendation from those who know this cuisine.

I confess we tied up a table for several hours while we talked, and the staff remained very pleasant throughout. If the measure of a good restaurant is the size of the smile on your face when you leave, this one was very good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Houston, Texas
“Everything is Good and always Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at this location several times and we typically share each other's meal so we can sample everything. They do provide a lot of food (served cafeteria style) for a reasonable price. It is fresh with very little preservatives so it is not only good but also healthy (as long as you ask for small portions). We have our favorites but I can say that we have never been disappointed with anything we have tried plus they alternate most of their menu daily while still serving some of the standards. Dining here is an experience worth the visit because you find you will be returning again and again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Nice Place - BYOB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Nice place, if you like hummus and other libanese/mediterrenean food.. Lots of items for vegetarians as well. The main dish not so impressive. I would give it 3 star..atmosphere is soso - but the value is exceptional and therefore 4 stars..

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha Area
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The staff was great - and you get a lot of food for a reasonable price - the quality of the food was excellent - it was my first visit there but not my last - You should try it!

Visited July 2013
Amarillo, Texas
“Good food but poor atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I really like Mediterranean food and this place offers an abundance of choices, but it's not the place to go if you want to try a lot of different things. You have to pay per item, so your meal can get pretty expensive. It's also hard to order because its loud in the restaurant and the cooks behind the counter can't hear you. I don't think they understood me either. I tried asking about some of the vegetables and they didn't know what to tell me. The food was good though, and I would come here again.

• Visited April 2013