“Favorite hotel..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #150 of 470 Hotels in Houston
Texas
“Favorite hotel..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The reason this is my favorite hotel right now is because the room is similar to Hotel Dereck at half the cost. The decor was a nice setup. The bar was well worth the time you may spend there. The pool was outside and has a tropical feel to it

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We especially like the comparison to the Hotel Dereck! We are so happy that you found our decor to be nice and that you enjoyed our bar and pool area. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new favorite hotel soon!

Donovan Stephens, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am very satisfied/ pleased with my stay. It was my husband's first time staying at a Hotel and I am so happy I chose Crowne Royal to be the first experience for him. It is beautiful, lovely and most important VERY CLEAN! The décor is just beautiful; love the colors! Our sons (6 y/o & 2 y/o) had fun as well. We will definitely be coming back

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are very happy to know that you and your family had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments on our decor and we look forward to welcoming you again!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff. My room was large, nice and clean and it had a very comfortable king size bed. Good wifi. There was no fridge/cooler in my room but some of my colleagues say they had one in their room, so perhaps this facility is on request. Despite the extreme outside heat, the aircon worked very well and was almost silent.

Although located on a very busy freeway, I did not hear any traffic but I did have a room at the back of the hotel.

Breakfast was ok but nothing special or exceptional.

Across the freeway and within easy walking distance is a retail area with a large Walmart and various eating places such as Subway.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our guest rooms to be comfortable. Although you rated our location as only a two on a five scale, I am glad to know that you found the nearby retail area to be useful. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Houston.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed for a night at this property after a late flight. The hotel is quite easy to find, being on the I-10 opposite Ikea. Beware not to miss it, though: you'll have to make quite a big loop to get back to the hotel.

Check-in was straightforward and the room was clean, comfortable, and actually pretty luxurious. We were on the second floor near the gym, facing the swimming pool, and away from the I-10. There were some complaints about noise in other reviews, but we did not experience this problem.

The gym seemed well-appointed, and the pool, while small, was enjoyable. I especially liked how they had little cabana-daybeds (or whatever you call them) where you could sit and read away from the direct glare of the sun. The breakfast buffet had a good spread and was reasonably priced ($14+).

We enjoyed our stay there, and I thought it was pretty good value for money (we paid $76, and the rack rate was $99). We'd come back again if we needed a night in Houston.

Room Tip: Didn't experience any noise facing south (away from the I-10).
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our luxurious rooms and our wonderful amenities, such as the pool. We are glad that you were also able to enjoy breakfast in our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Houston.

Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I spend around 20 nights a year at this hotel and usually it's pretty good. However, this time was not acceptable. Huge hairs in my bed, 2 nights were spent tracking someone down after 11PM because no shower towels were left in my room, the front desk was unapologetic and unresponsive.

Time to try out a few other hotels next time I'm here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on this recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We appreciate your business and I can personally say that the issues you encountered on this most recent trip are unacceptable. I will immediately address these issues with both our housekeeping and our front desk staff. I would love to welcome you back and show that these issues have been resolved and I will try to reach out to you to discuss this further.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Hotel overall is nice with a clean modern lobby and wifi is reliable except you have to login to multiple hot spots based on the floor your staying on. The room I had was 357 and is on the I-10 Interstate side of the property and was very loud with traffic noise. The A/C was set on 60 when I got into the room and I guess it was a way to wash the traffic roar with the A/C fan. The constant on option for the fan on the a/c did not work. There was no ice in the ice machine down the hall and only decaf coffee packets for the in room coffee maker. Housekeeping was below average with long hairs (not mine) in the bathroom tub & floor.

Did sign up for IHC Club and met my traveling teammates in the 6th floor lounge area for Happy Hour time. They were friendly and the drink options were average (get what you pay for) the food was mostly fried options.

To be fair I did not call to request a room change or to complain about the housekeeping concern I was not in the room much and just dealt with it.

Room Tip: Request a room on the non interstate side of the building. Also not at the end of the hall with a st...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We apologize for the housekeeping issues that you encountered and I will personally make sure that these are addressed with our housekeeping staff immediately. We are glad to know that you chose to join our IHG Rewards Club and were able to enjoy our members lounge. We hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Plano, TX, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was an old Ramada that was gutted down to the steel girders and re-built to Crowne Plaza standards. It is now completely new and quite comfortable. The staff is helpful and friendly. A good restaurant is on premises. Health club facilities and wi-fi and nice sized pool are all there. The hotel is very close to Galleria shopping and business and very close to Loop 610. I recommend this hotel!

Unfortunately, last weekend, in Room 210 nextdoor, there were two young athletes and it sounded like they were playing handball on the walls both evenings. I consider this an anomoly and not the usual situation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be comfortable and convenient. We are also happy to know that you were able to enjoy our amenities that we offer to guests, such as our fitness and pool facilities. I am personally sorry to hear about the noise level you experienced and would like to assure you that this is an anomaly and hope that this is not a problem in the future, but if it ever is, please contact the front desk and we will take care of this issue immediately.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!