“Good and Fair” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Good and Fair”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel is located in front a freeway, that concerned me in the beggining, but I did no hear any noise during the night, since I got the room faced to the swimming pool. The front desk attendance was very good and I got an upgrade to a very large room. The hotel is close to the galeria mall (around 10 minutes by car). The food was nice

Room Tip: My room had a view to the swimming pool and I think it was a good decision, since I did not want to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Donovan S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are glad to hear that you found your hotel room to comfortable and noise free and our staff to be helpful. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed dining with us. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Donovan Stephens, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Youngsville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have stayed in two other crowne plaza hotels in Houston and this is the best. We go to Houston every year and will be staying here from now on! The staff was exceptional. Very friendly, always smiling and welcoming. Everything worked, the beds were comfortable, the rooms clean and the swimming pool was refreshing. The breakfast was delicious, with healthy options. This is a first class hotel. Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are so happy that you had an excellent visit with us. Our staff works hard to ensure that our guests are happy and we love hearing so from our guests! We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and the healthy options we provide. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Pella, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I was in Houston one night for a meeting. The hotel was very convenient to the interstate and close to my meeting. The rooms are what you would expect from a Crowne Plaza, clean and comfortable. There is a nice bar and restaurant at the location with plenty of other restaurants and shopping very close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank your for your nice review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We are very pleased to know that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable and that you were able to enjoy our bar and restaurant. We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Houston.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Work takes me to different places in Texas. I was going to stay at a hotel in the Galleria but this Crowne Plaza has been good to me by providing me with a higher quality stay at an affordable state rate which is why I chose to stay here. Yeah the location on I-10 West and 610 is a lil awkward but it does have its benefits. The rooms have been renovated and they're exquisite and so damn comfortable. However I wish they provided a nice down comforter but that just me. Other awesome things are the following:

a. Beautiful modern room renovations
b. Gorgeous furniture choices
c. Awesome flat screen TV with HD channels
d. Great functioning AC unit
e. Breakfast was delicious & nutritious
f. Multiple prompt elevators
g. Close to Memorial Park for running, walking, cycling
h. Relaxing pool & lounging area

I totally appreciate the healthier food options and the awesome helpful staff. I will say that it would be nice that staff either knock harder on the door or when they come in because I was nude when one gentlemen came in. LOLOL

Room Tip: Try not to get too much sunlight or else ..... ur AC has to work harder especially if you're on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your excellent review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. I love that you took the time to come up with a list of awesome things about our hotel! We are so pleased that you choose us when you are in town and look forward to seeing you again soon! And, we will knock louder next time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Crowne Plaza Galleria is about 3 miles from the galleria so do not be fooled. The location is pretty good for access to the interstate and toll road system that gets one around the city for business.
Staff are friendly and helpful. I got an upgrade to a suite that was spacious and helped alleviate the feeling of being away from home. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, which is a buffet so I cannot say much about the chef. However, I did not find the dining area inviting. Lots of restaurants nearby so with a car, an individual is spoilt for choice.
The one constructive comment I would make is that the folks cleaning the room do not seem well trained. They remove cups and glasses without replacing them; coffee was often not replenished.
Otherwise, I can recommend the hotel as a comfortable place in a good location. Do not expect elegance, however.

Room Tip: The suite has a separate lounge and sleeping room. It is comfortable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your helpful review of the Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area. We understand that some people might think that we are in the heart of the Galleria area, but as you mention we are just outside of the hustle and bustle and traffic. However, we do offer a convenient location and numerous onsite amenities. As for the issues you had with our housekeeping staff, we apologize. We will work harder to ensure that all of our housekeeping staff are properly trained to clean and restock our guest rooms.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The property itself is in good to average condition and the location is less than stellar. I found the staff to be incompetent, at best. The hotel amenities are very good and the property's overall condition is good to very good. The rooms are about what one would expect a Crowne Plaza of this age to be.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I would like to apologize for your poor experience but without any additioanl information on our staff I am unable to address your concerns further.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just checked out of this hotel. This is my wife and my go-to hotel in Houston. Conveniently located on two of the major arteries of Houston, I-10 and 610, it's easy to get wherever you want to go. Rooms were spotless. Very affordable. Service was great. RJ checked us in and he's always great and is a fixture at the front desk. First time I've met Jon, who checked us out, and he provided great service as well. Overall, I continue to highly recommend this hotel to travelers.

• Stayed May 2014
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Cam_Car01,
Thank you for staying with us again and for commenting on your interaction with our staff members, RJ and Jon. There are many good hotels in Houston but it is the staff that work at the hotel that truly seperate the good from the great and we are happy to see that both staff members made your stay a great one!

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area? Share your experiences!