“Same good ol Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Fischer, Texas
“Same good ol Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed several times so listen up fellow road warriors. Does this hotel have veiw-No not really unless it's in the back by the pretty cool poll area which is up to speed.
Does this hotel have a Gondola ride to a snow capped summit-uh, no. Does this hotel face west over the Rocky Mountains or sit low by the bay in San Degio? No but then again neither do you. I will tell you what it does have, nice people, clean rooms, great female bar tender, cool managers, clean bath rooms, good chef and great location. If I want to have great views, I'll go stay in White Fish Montanna or Sinop Turkey over the Black Sea or visit Lycos Greece. I'm here on business and business gets done, bring some ear plugs, turn up the alarm clock and sleep like the dead.
Great TV, soaps, quick room service, valet service and quick access to the city-downtown 15 min, West side Galleria 7-8 min.
Good food at the hotel and multiple TV's for all kinds of lobby informal gatherings/meetings.
Nice meeting rooms and a OK work out room-if that's your thing. Across the street a comedy club and you are within 7-10 mins on some of H-towns best resturants.

For some of you new to H-town - Htown is approx 110 miles wide East to West( Baytown to Katy) and about 130 South to North (Clear Lake to IAH-Bush Airport-Woodlands) so book locally close to your destination, if you dont, you can kiss the baby.

Another great stay, if you dont need to see Mt Mckinnley @ Denali Park!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the rear of the hotel-it's less noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Texasop,
Thanks for having our back! You are correct we are a city hotel that is located off the access road of Interstate 10 so no mountians. We do have a very clean hotel with a good staff working hard to become even better and our food is better then you will find in most hotel restaurants. Thanks for staying with us and taking time to complete a survey we appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed there for two nights on a business trip and the only thing I did not liked was the view: a huge freeway. Thanks to that, I was forced to keep the courtains closed all times. It also got a bit noisy but anyway... we didn't spent much time in the hotel either.
The room was rather spacious. It had a nice living, flat TV with HBO and so on. The bathroom was big too.
The only thing that stroke me was that there was no safety box in the room. I think that's kind of odd. Most hotels these days have it. I ´don't really understand why.
In general, I liked the place. We had breakfast once and it was Ok. The usual, cereal, scrambled eggs, some pastries, coffee and juice... That was it.
If you are a runner, behind the hotel there is a beautiful neighborhood where you can jog for a while. I liked that too.
In sum, I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is located on the freeway but the back side of our hotel overlooks the pool so the next time you stay with us please request a room facing back.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I'm in Houston 25 weeks of the year and I'm usually in the hyatt or omni. This particular week I had to make a last minute reservation and the only place available was the Crowne Plaza Galleria and I must say that this was an unexpected surprise! Exceptional staff, newly renovated, and oddly quiet even though it's located right next to the freeway.

I would not hesitate in starting here again, and might stay here again if ny preferred (points) are not available. Good food, great service, clean updated rooms = above average stay in Houston.

My only gripe are the elevators. They're slow, and if you take #1 (right side), you might get stuck in between floors.

I highly recommend this over the hoity-toity downtown and galleria hotels.

Tip - joined the preferred club if not already a member. Free happy hour drinks and snacks on the exec floor (6). You can join when you check in and the front desk are more than willing to assist!

• Stayed June 2013
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Brianwon,
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again. We are aware of our troublesome elevators and do have a upgrade scheduled for later this summer that will address the issues you mentioned in your review. Have a wonderful summer!
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is at the east end of the "I10" (which is one of the arteries that divide up this expansive city and runs east out of the Galleria area to west, towards the Grand Parkway and eventually arriving in San Antonio). The hotel is 10 minutes drive from Downtown and less to the centre of the Galleria. The rooms were clean and the maids did a good job of keeping them that way. The receptionists were very friendly and looked after my cares and wishes adequately and the bar staff did the same; I got a great deal on the room too. The pool was never heavily populated and the loungers were comfortable. I spent three weeks here, out of a 6 week trip to Houston and this was the third hotel I had stayed in and probably the best one for me. You can get smarter hotels in Downtown or the Galleria but location for access to the office was key for me. So, I had a balance between the office along I10 and being close to the action of the Galleria area. Directly opposite the hotel there is a multi-plex cinema and a nightclub, as well as several eating places. All of this is a 10 minute walk under the highway or you can drive there, most people do. I would say that it is almost impossible to live in Houston without the ability to drive. Public transport is available right at the heart, in Downtown, but beyond that it is scarce. A taxi driver told me, after ranting about the Israeli's and the rights over the Gaza strip (a great tip reducing conversation!) that it is not possible to cruise outside of the centre because the space is too great and the opportunities are minimal, plus the fare would be astronomical due to the sheer travelling distance from one place to the next.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the front, the I10 can get a little noisy. Don't forget the staff...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bournej,
Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your visit we are glad you enjoyed your time here in Houston. We think we have a great hotel with a location that is better then you would think. While we are not in the heart of the Galleria our shuttle service is happy to transport. Our location allows us to avoid a lot of the Galleria traffic and our easy access to Interstate 10, 610, 290 and the beltway make the hotel a great choice for our customers that are here for sales calls here in the city. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel to stay close to mall & other attractions , very friendly staff and the best GM , he is always around easily approachable , I highly recommend this hotel to every one
Keep it up
Shahrukh khan

• Stayed April 2013
Tom W, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment on your stay. While not in the heart of the Galleria we are close to both the Galleria and Memorial City Mall and our shuttle and our complimentary shuttle helps avoid the traffic delays that can be found at some hotels closer to the Galleria.
San DIego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great new hotel, very clean, friendly staff. Convenient to freeway, but not much within walking distance of hotel. And because it is within spitting distance of the I-10, it is a bit noisy - though the A/C minimizes some of the freeway noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south - away from freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tritonavy,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the ime to comment on your stay. Your tip to our travelers was also helpful as we are on the access road to Interstate 10 and some of our light sleepers prefer the back of the hotel away from the highway.
Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel but not my first time staying in Houston and I will definitely be coming back. The hotel is only a year old and it still feels like new. The breakfast buffet is first class. The rooms are comfortable and classy. There is nothing to worry about with the pool because it is enclosed with sound barriers so it's a nice quiet area with cabanas and even an outdoor bar with tv. The staff was very friendly and we even used the shuttle to get across the way to get to Dave & Busters. It's a great location for this hotel. We even received a goodie bag and free complimentary upgrade for being a platinum member. The ONLY drawback deals with the elevators. They are quite slow and small, luckily there are not that many floors. If a slow elevator that smells like WD-40 is your only worry, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yvonne D,
Thanks for the wonderful comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I don't know if we are Houston's best but we are working hard to deliver the best service we can. Our hotel is beautiful and we are working on the elevators and and hope to have our dependability issues resolved soon.

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area? Share your experiences!