“Outstanding place to Stay ... Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #61 of 452 Hotels in Houston
“Outstanding place to Stay ... Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers and families. The facility is one of the best I've seen from the Residence Inn brand. The staff is extremely nice with a warm smile on every encounter and very helpful. I was staying on business and the location was perfectly located for us to visit multiple customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/BarkerCypress, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi Coach. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others about your stay at the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Barker Cypress. We know our future guests rely on the comments by our previous guests. I'll be sure to share with our team and we will continue to provide our guests with the service that they expect from Marriott.

Kind regards,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I was planning my trip to Houston, I called another motel. The experience was not good. The desk staff couldn't even answer the phone properly, the sales staff never returned my calls or Emails, and there was a distinct lack of concern for my needs. I needed to send them a check for my stay, but I was afraid they would lose it, so I finally decided that this was not the place to stay.

When I called Marriott I-10, from the very moment that I called in, the experience was different. The voice that answered was clear and I understood that I had gotten in touch with Marriott Residence Inn rather than wondering who or what it was that had answered the phone. I asked for the manager and within a minute, Chris was on the phone with me.

Chris is the consumate professional. I think that Marriott is very fortunate to have him. He answered all my questions and the way that he handed everything made me comfortable forwarding a large check to him for our stay.

The arrival was a delight. The motel is new. Everything in it has been well kept in this first year of existence. No smells, no dirty corners, nothing out of place. Even the computers work well! The excercise room was a pleasant surprise. It has both exercise machines and free weights.

All of the staff members, from the kitchen help right up to the front desk, are always smiling, pleasant, and always greet you. The maids do a tremendous job on the rooms, and sometimes we left something of a mess for them. The breakfast bar is nicely done and they work to provide a change and variety every morning. I even like their coffee (I usually HATE motel coffee!).

You will not do any better in Houston than this motel. In addition, it is located nicely right off I-10, which is a main highway through the city area. This made our navigation easy. There are a number of shops and restaurants within close distance.

Stay here! You will love the people and love the motel!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris G, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/BarkerCypress, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. I knew after our first conversation that you were going to have a great stay. It's unfortunate that the weather didn't cooperate while you were here. If your travels bring you back through the area, we'd love to host your family again!

Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Barker Cypress
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This hotel is located away from the Houston crowds almost to Katy. Our suite was clean, attractive, and spacious, and the breakfast was great. They had reasonable weekend-type rates during the Christmas holidays. The area seems newly developed and off the interstate highway, so we found no restaurants nearby. However, they feature light meals with a happy hour during the week.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

So I stay at a lot of Marriotts and this one is relatively new and for a residence inn - very nice! The room was the best surprise with a really nice mattress and good pillows. They also have a very functional workout room and Precor tread mills (a traveler has to get his exercise!) and they had happy hour and I was surprised to find salad with non-fat dressing, plenty of veggies, and a chicken dish. I simply had dinner here and they enjoyed some time outside on the patio at the fire pit (I really enjoyed that!).

And although I sort of hate to say this, I was able to get a really business rate that I didn't expect...

I'll also note that we've had others from our company here over the last several months and although this was my first time to stay, I was really impressed. Sometimes a residence inn can be.. Well... Less than desirable. This one was great!

A great place to stay!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chris G, General Manager at Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/BarkerCypress, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with others about the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that our evening social exceeded your expectaions. Thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Greeneville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great stay! Everything was taken care of upon arrival. Friendly staff from front desk to maintenance. Room was always clean and breakfast bar was wonderful. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going that way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay at the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. We take great pride in providing execellent service and providing amenities that will hopefully exceed your expectations. We value your comments and business and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Returned home today from a weeks stay at this Inn,wish I was back there,with the elegant, comfortable bed, and sectional couch with a supercomfortable pull out bed! Kitchen that is fully stocked with dishes ,pots and pans silverware everything you need to prepare a great meal, although to be honest we never needed due to the full breakfast bar with everything you could want to eat for breakfast from super healthy choices to waffles,bacon sausage you name it they have it. During the week they have socials with food and drinks free! The staff from managers,sales directors front desk personnel ,maintenance and houskeepers number one mission is your satisfaction ! Iwill definitely return to this hotel every time I am within 60 miles of it!It would be worth an hours drive to stay there,also a great pool and outside terraces with firepkace! Thankyou again to everyone at the hotel for making this a memorable stay for myself and friends! Jan

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Jan. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding a recent stay at the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. At Residence Inn we strive to be your home away from home providing all the amentities you need to be comfortable while on the road. Hopefully we didn't spoil you to much while here! Thank you again for your comments and your valued business. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Gainesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean and the exercise facilities were great. Loved the breakfast too! Great experience from the start - booking with Sales Director to Check in process to check out. Everything went perfectly. I would definitely stay there again and recommend them to others.

Sandy B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience at the Residence Inn Houston I-10 West. It's always nice to hear that your stay was problem free from beginning to end. We value your business and comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Chris Gibson

Been to Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/BarkerCypress? Share your experiences!