We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on the weekend of April 20th, 2013. This was my wedding weekend and we reserved a block of 20 rooms for the bridal party, family and out of town guests. We chose this location because it was extremely close to our wedding venue, its free breakfast buffet (which is tough to find in the medical center) and the size a quality of its rooms.
We contacted the hotel approximately 2 months before our wedding regarding the rooms. From then on we were in constant contact with Walker and the entire staff. We were a rather complicated reservation which involved 20 rooms, varying check in and check out dates and multiple master credit cards which were used only for specific rooms. We provided Walker with a “rooming list” but there were adjustments that needed to be made and Walker was willing to accommodate our last minute changes without difficulty.
From check-in, we were extremely impressed by the organization and hospitality of the entire staff. They had our room reservations pre-printed and ready to go which made the process extremely quick and efficient. We arranged for our hair & makeup artists to arrive to the hotel at 5am to begin hair and makeup. The hotel provided us with a meeting room so we could get our hair and makeup done with plenty of space as well as privacy. The person at the front desk even prepared 2 pots of coffee at 5am just for us because he knew we were waking up so early and had a long day ahead.
Everyone truly enjoyed the breakfast that began at 6:30am. My maid of honor does not eat pork and she asked if the eggs contained bacon. When she was told they did, she easily found other items to eat because there were so many other options. While we were in the meeting room during hair and makeup, a hotel employee came to us and said that they made a special batch of bacon free eggs and that they were ready for us to eat whenever we were ready. We were all EXTREMELY shocked at how thoughtful that was. We never experienced such kindness and hospitality from any hotel.
Due to past experiences with other hotel chains, we expressed to Walker that the brides side and grooms side would be on different master credit cards and that the guests were not to be shown their bills or allowed to pay no matter how much they insisted. The entire staff honored our request without fail.
My husband & I returned to the hotel the day after the wedding to “settle the bill” and make sure everything was taken care of. They already prepared for us a folder with all our bills, separated by master credit card. They were more excited to see us and see wedding pictures than to talk about the bills!
Needless to say, this hotel went above and beyond our expectations. We were extremely satisfied with the quality of rooms and exceptional service we received this weekend. Everyone knows that weddings are quite stressful and we are thankful that we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hello and welcome! We would like to invite you to come and experience a stay at the Holiday Inn Express Medical Center. Whether you re coming in for business or pleasure, see how we can make your stay a personal and unique one. We are conveniently located near the Texas Medical Center, Rice University, the Museum District, and Reliant Park. Just minutes away from Houston s world renowned MD Anderson, Memorial Hermann, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s, & St. Luke's hospitals, our hotel may be just what you need for your home away from home. For all you sports fans out there, we have just the thing for you too. Come and enjoy Houston s very own Texans, or see your favorite college or soccer teams battle it out on the field. The Reliant Stadium is also located nearby. Shuttle service is available to the Medical Center area and Reliant Stadium. Taxis are available for all other locations. Relax in our elegant yet modern rooms with amenities such as a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. High-speed Internet access, both wireless and wired, along with a variety of movie channels are also provided free of charge. Enjoy a deluxe, complimentary breakfast featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, Smart Roast coffee and choices of hot items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Houston Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Houston
- Holiday Inn Express Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston