To start let me say that I am not a hotel snob and we stay in hotels 25-30 nights per year. I was in Houston for a food show that was being hosted at the Crown Plaza. I called the reservation desk and the only room available in the area was at this hotel. It was a king suite. Was told it was a two room suite. I was traveling with an employee. Not my first choice, but we would make it work.
When we got to the show, the gentleman handling the convention at the Crown informed me that he had some openings, due to cancellations, at the Crown. When he found out that we were staying at the Holiday Inn Express he asked for my reservation number to see if they would do a courtesy move to the sister property at the Crown. When he called the Holiday Inn Express he spoke to a woman named Debbie. She said no, I could not change my reservation (it was past the cancellation date and time). He asked to talk to the manager of the hotel to go above her. She said no, the manager was in a meeting. She would not give the message to the manager. I thanked him for trying.
We went to the hotel, and while waiting in line watched 2 different people come in and ask for a room - they were refused because they had no rooms available. We also witnessed a man who had lost his room keys and asked Debbie for a new room key. She scolded him for loosing his keys and then gave him one key. He asked for another key, she said no, he could only have one key. Really?? We checked in and went to our room. The room did not have a separate bedroom, it did have a pull out sofa, but it was so dirty I was not about to let my employee sleep on it. We ended up sharing a single bed. Awkward!!!!!!!
At check in we were told that the shuttle ran at the top of the hour, so we caught the shuttle to the Crown where the dinner for the convention was being hosted. The shuttle was filthy. Stains on the seats, dirt everywhere. We were dropped off and the shuttle driver gave us a card to call to get picked up. The driver told us that if he wasn't busy that the 8:00p.m. shuttle may be the last shuttle that he would run, and that we could catch a cab back. Not what we were told when I made the reservation.
Called the number on the card at 7:40 to schedule a ride back at 8:00. No one answered, so I left a message. I also called the hotel at 7:50 to make sure we would get picked up. At 8:20 we called the hotel again (we were only 1.7 miles away), to make sure we were getting picked up. Finally picked up at 8:37. The shuttle driver was talking to us and then said that the people at the hotel were f***ing stupid. I agreed with him but really?
We didn't use any of the facilities, including breakfast because that was part of the convention at the Crown. The room was nothing special but ok, but I have never had an experience like this at a Holiday Inn. I run a small business, and customer service is the name of the game. If I ever caught any of my employees talking to my customers the way this crew did, I would fire them on the spot. If I had been allowed to change my reservation to the Crown, I would have gotten 2 rooms and IHC corporation would not have been out one penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hello and welcome! We would like to invite you to come and experience a stay at the Holiday Inn Express Medical Center. Whether you re coming in for business or pleasure, see how we can make your stay a personal and unique one. We are conveniently located near the Texas Medical Center, Rice University, the Museum District, and Reliant Park. Just minutes away from Houston s world renowned MD Anderson, Memorial Hermann, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s, & St. Luke's hospitals, our hotel may be just what you need for your home away from home. For all you sports fans out there, we have just the thing for you too. Come and enjoy Houston s very own Texans, or see your favorite college or soccer teams battle it out on the field. The Reliant Stadium is also located nearby. Shuttle service is available to the Medical Center area and Reliant Stadium. Taxis are available for all other locations. Relax in our elegant yet modern rooms with amenities such as a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. High-speed Internet access, both wireless and wired, along with a variety of movie channels are also provided free of charge. Enjoy a deluxe, complimentary breakfast featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, Smart Roast coffee and choices of hot items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Houston Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Houston
- Holiday Inn Express Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston