I stayed for 3 nights back in late December. The hotel is conveniently located near many convenience stores and familiar chain and fast food restaurants. However, you'll need a car to get to these places as Main Street is not very pedestrian friendly and the immediate area around the hotel was not entirely safe.
The lobby area is compact, with a small seating area in front of the front desk. Check in was quick. My room was on the second floor of the two story hotel, which can be accessed by the elevator or by staircase within the lobby.
The rooms are up to current Holiday Inn Express standards, with subdued creme colored walls, modern decor and furniture. There is a separate wetbar area near the entryway and bathroom that houses a microwave oven and small fridge. My king bedded room had a small sofabed. The desk was right by the window. There is a huge 46 inch LCD TV, which I thought was too large for the room, but works fine.
Room amenities are: Iron/ironing board, microwave oven, safe, refrigerator, clock radio without mp3 connections.
Bathroom amenities are: hair dryer, coffee maker, shampoo, conditioner, lotion.
My gripes about the room are: (1) It's too dark. Although the photos of the rooms in the website are bright, In reality, my room (facing the next door apartment complex) was pretty dark during the day, even though I had all of the lights on in the room. (2) The wifi is unreliable and inconvenient: There is an annoying acknowledgement screen that you have to agree to, and it has to be renewed every time you turn your computer on. In addition the connection is slow...even downloading attachments to e-mails took a while! So, if you're staying for a couple nights on business and need to get work done....this may not be the hotel for you.
The complimentary breakfast is served in a small pantry/dining area at the back of the lobby, behind the staircase. Again, it was standard Holiday Inn Express fare...cinnamon buns, a selection of cereals, eggs, biscuits, bacon or sausage (changes every day), pastries, breads, yogurt..etc. Since it was small room, the dining area can get full when the hotel is busy.
Overall, the service is OK...the hotel staff was responsive to my needs, but generally I didn't feel welcome or get a friendly response. Maybe that's just the culture of the local area or the hotel itself. If you're just need a place to crash for a night or two, this is a perfectly fine place to stay. If you are going to be in town for a couple of nights, and need to get some work done in your room, perhaps you should look elsewhere!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Houston
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Houston Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Express Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hello and welcome! We would like to invite you to come and experience a stay at the Holiday Inn Express Medical Center. Whether you re coming in for business or pleasure, see how we can make your stay a personal and unique one. We are conveniently located near the Texas Medical Center, Rice University, the Museum District, and Reliant Park. Just minutes away from Houston s world renowned MD Anderson, Memorial Hermann, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s, & St. Luke's hospitals, our hotel may be just what you need for your home away from home. For all you sports fans out there, we have just the thing for you too. Come and enjoy Houston s very own Texans, or see your favorite college or soccer teams battle it out on the field. The Reliant Stadium is also located nearby. Shuttle service is available to the Medical Center area and Reliant Stadium. Taxis are available for all other locations. Relax in our elegant yet modern rooms with amenities such as a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. High-speed Internet access, both wireless and wired, along with a variety of movie channels are also provided free of charge. Enjoy a deluxe, complimentary breakfast featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, Smart Roast coffee and choices of hot items. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.