“This was my worst experience ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8730 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Houston - Hobby Airport)   |
Ranked #310 of 468 Hotels in Houston
“This was my worst experience ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked a king room but once I got there I was given a two queen bed room. I went back down to inform them they nicely upgraded me to a suite. Don't get to happy just yet the suite is no different from any other room other than an out dated couch and some cheap trays. The breakfast was horrible. The second day I requested additional towels the guy at the front desk told us the hotel was
sold out and they had just enough towels and he would see what he could do. After waiting about 2 hours my husband noticed a housekeeper outside the room attempted to hand her the towels she didn't take them she said "No, we dont have any towel" so we had to put the towels outside the door and go downstairs and tell them again but this time I wasn't nice and magical I have towels. I would never stay there again. Omg I figured out I'm a Hilton woman Marriott is not for me at all

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Ms. Sherica K:

I am surprised and sorry to hear about your experience at the property. Firstly, we provided an upgrade to a suite as a courtesy for our Marriott Rewards Members when available, however did extend to all guests when we are able. Our suite accommodations are substantially larger than our guest rooms.

Additionally, we are a brand new property and all furnishings are considered modern, however I am sorry that you did not think so. We are glad to provide towels as needed and solely request that we may clear the rooms of your linen, so you may have the proper space in the room.

Lastly, we have discussed the situation with all team members and hope that you allow us the opportunity again in the future. We are saddened by your lack of enjoyment at the property.

Regards,

Rachel Miller
Guest Relations Manager

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice staff. Went out of the way to make my stay nice .Great location for easy access to Houston Hobby Airport. The hotel next to Fairfield has a nice restaurant and lil more the fair drinks. That's all i have say.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Larry g,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are glad you found our location to be convenient for your travels in and out of the Hobby Airport.

Also, glad you enjoyed the restaurant and bar at our sister property next door.

Hope you will come back and stay with us again when you are in the area.
Corona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1st let me state that I own my company and we, as a company, stay in Marriott properties all over the US and Canada. At check out, we were charged for 3 rooms at $159 and 1 room at $179. All 4 rooms (just alike) were supposed to be at $159. Two nights, a $20 credit per night, should be no big deal right? Wrong. The person behind the counter stated that one room was upgraded (all of the rooms were the same) and that the $20 additional was for that upgrade. We asked that he just make the adjustment so that we could go on our way. He would not. We asked for the Manager and he told us that we were looking at him. He was the General Manager. This was terrible Customer Service. It was not the $20, it was his rudeness and lack of customer service to assist us in any way. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone, period.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Gil S,

We are very sorry that you were not happy with the service you received at our hotel. We strive to give the best service we can to each and every guest.

We will bring this situation to the attention of our staff and use it as a tool on how to handle this situation in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

Must day I am a bit surprised at the negative comments regarding this facility. I arrived to find a very clean lobby with professional, friendly staff. My room was huge with a king bed, nice seating area with sofa, work station, microwave and fridge, and two TV's. TV's offered DirecTV programming with a full array of channel offerings. WiFi was a bit slow, but to be expected in a hotel environment. Everything in my room was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical powdered eggs, etc. but at least the person who prepared them didn't mix them up to the size of quinoa. These actually could pass as scrambled eggs!
I took the hotel shuttle to the airport and my excellent driver took a "secret" route which got me there in just a few minutes rather than sitting out on 45 with the rest of the masses. I was impressed and very happy! Made the normal hassle of flying far less stressful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HI Jennifer S:

Thank you very much for the kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are a brand new property with new design, upgraded complimentary breakfast, and over 200 channels in the rooms! Our staff is tenured and can provide you with the quickest way to get around the city.

We hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Rachel Miller
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

We reserved a room through Booking.com. The telephone for the hotel was incorrect and we ended up getting a shuttle to a Fairfield Inn but at the wrong location. We were given the run around by both Booking.com and Fairfield Inn Hobby Airport. Zero customer service. I have to get my credit card company involved to dispute the charges. No one wanted to take responsibility for having an incorrect phone number listed. We felt Booking.com should have refunded our money - it was their website and confirmation page that we got the information from. And, the Fairfield Inn at Hobby Airport manager was uncaring, never apologized for our travel misfortunes, never offered any kind of refund or discount on a future stay. They DON"T CARE!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
balew11,

I'm very sorry that you experienced problems with your travel to our hotel. When booking your reservation with a third party like booking.com, there are strict policies that the hotel must stand by due to agreements made.

We hope that in the future you will give us another try, and book directly through our hotel. By booking directly through us, we can guarantee all the information that you receive is correct, and provide you with the best service possible.
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

We chose this hotel because we needed low cost, close to the airport, and a shuttle to and from the airport. The Fairfield was all of that and much more. When we found out that our cruise departure was delayed as we were checking out, they graciously allowed us to remain in our room until we could go to the ship. The staff was wonderful! The shuttle drivers were very efficient and courteous. The room was clean and well appointed. Free breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Gayle F.,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for each and every guest to make their stay a great one.

I hope that next time you are in the Hobby Airport area for a cruise you will come and stay with us again!
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

I would have to say that this hotel is just average, as my recent stay was on a Monday night. I know that Monday's are busy, yet I still expect the hotel to be clean as I am checking in, walking around, and of course my room.

There were cookie crumbs all over the lobby floor, crumbs in the elevator, and my room was just acceptable. While modern, the guest room was not as clean as I expect from a Marriott property.

The breakfast was below my expectations, breakfast appeared to run out of food items. The eggs appeared to be very watery and the bacon was not cooked all the way. Finally the coffee was not as available upon arrival or at all during 845- 915 that morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a king room, not a double that was given to you when requesting a king.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Kellen007,

I'm very sorry that you found the hotel to not be up to the standard that you expected. This is not acceptable, and I will make sure to bring your cleanliness and breakfast issues up to the hotel team.

We strive to make sure that everyone has a great experience at our hotel, and hope that in the future you will give us another try, and see that the experience you had was not the norm for us.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!