“Will stay again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8730 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Houston - Hobby Airport)   |
Ranked #304 of 468 Hotels in Houston
“Will stay again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Must day I am a bit surprised at the negative comments regarding this facility. I arrived to find a very clean lobby with professional, friendly staff. My room was huge with a king bed, nice seating area with sofa, work station, microwave and fridge, and two TV's. TV's offered DirecTV programming with a full array of channel offerings. WiFi was a bit slow, but to be expected in a hotel environment. Everything in my room was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical powdered eggs, etc. but at least the person who prepared them didn't mix them up to the size of quinoa. These actually could pass as scrambled eggs!
I took the hotel shuttle to the airport and my excellent driver took a "secret" route which got me there in just a few minutes rather than sitting out on 45 with the rest of the masses. I was impressed and very happy! Made the normal hassle of flying far less stressful.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kent, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We reserved a room through Booking.com. The telephone for the hotel was incorrect and we ended up getting a shuttle to a Fairfield Inn but at the wrong location. We were given the run around by both Booking.com and Fairfield Inn Hobby Airport. Zero customer service. I have to get my credit card company involved to dispute the charges. No one wanted to take responsibility for having an incorrect phone number listed. We felt Booking.com should have refunded our money - it was their website and confirmation page that we got the information from. And, the Fairfield Inn at Hobby Airport manager was uncaring, never apologized for our travel misfortunes, never offered any kind of refund or discount on a future stay. They DON"T CARE!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

We chose this hotel because we needed low cost, close to the airport, and a shuttle to and from the airport. The Fairfield was all of that and much more. When we found out that our cruise departure was delayed as we were checking out, they graciously allowed us to remain in our room until we could go to the ship. The staff was wonderful! The shuttle drivers were very efficient and courteous. The room was clean and well appointed. Free breakfast was a bonus.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Gayle F.,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for each and every guest to make their stay a great one.

I hope that next time you are in the Hobby Airport area for a cruise you will come and stay with us again!
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2015

I would have to say that this hotel is just average, as my recent stay was on a Monday night. I know that Monday's are busy, yet I still expect the hotel to be clean as I am checking in, walking around, and of course my room.

There were cookie crumbs all over the lobby floor, crumbs in the elevator, and my room was just acceptable. While modern, the guest room was not as clean as I expect from a Marriott property.

The breakfast was below my expectations, breakfast appeared to run out of food items. The eggs appeared to be very watery and the bacon was not cooked all the way. Finally the coffee was not as available upon arrival or at all during 845- 915 that morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a king room, not a double that was given to you when requesting a king.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Kellen007,

I'm very sorry that you found the hotel to not be up to the standard that you expected. This is not acceptable, and I will make sure to bring your cleanliness and breakfast issues up to the hotel team.

We strive to make sure that everyone has a great experience at our hotel, and hope that in the future you will give us another try, and see that the experience you had was not the norm for us.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015 via mobile

We we impressed with the rooms, beds and staff. Accommodations were nicer than I expected - very contemporary decor. Staff was great- we had lost all our luggage and were headed to a cruise. The shuttle staff took us to the local walmart so that we could purchase some basics. They really helped make a stressful situation - more bearable. Definitely went out of their way.

• Stayed February 2015
Acadiabenji,

We are sorry to hear about your lost luggage, but we are very glad that our staff was able to help make the trip a little easier with their hospitality.

It's very nice to hear that you enjoyed our new hotel and found the beds very comfortable.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip.
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

right on the gulf freeway and close to the airport - good shuttle service. Friendly people and good value - noisy on the freeway side, but just fine on the other side. We had a very early flight and it was exactly what we needed to avoid the bad Houston traffic.

Room Tip: on the side opposite of the freeway
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, February 15, 2015
JimOB1,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are very conveniently located to the Hobby Airport, which makes us the perfect location for guests travelling in and out of the area.

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and we are happy that you got a good night sleep.

We hope to see you again when you pass through Hobby Airport in the future.
Carrollton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015 via mobile

We are always looking for a nice place in the Hobby area to stay. It is always hit and miss. This place was formerly another hotel and was remodeled and renamed so we thought we would give it a try. Well, the beds were comfy, but the rooms were small. This is not a big issue, but the noise from I-45 was an issue. We might as well have been on 45. The windows need to be resealed and some sort of sound proofing. They also only have 1 entrance, which is ok unless you come in really late and have to walk around the hotel to get in. They do have security onsite at night though, so that is reassuring. It is a nice place, but we probably will not be back here unless other places are booked. Need my sleep!

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jetsetterwannabe,

We are glad that you thought our beds were comfortable. Next time you are in the area, we hope you will give us another try.

Being an airport hotel, our location on I45 is a convenient place. If you come stay again, please request a room away from the highway, and I can assure you it will make a huge difference!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!