“Excellent Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8730 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Houston - Hobby Airport)   |
Ranked #312 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Patricia does an excellent job making sure the Complimentary Breakfast is hot, well stocked, and the coffee is always on. Hats off to her and the delicious breakfast....Best Value near Hobby Airport.

Would be nice to have a letter count when I am typing. I could not complete this because I did not have a 200 character minimum.

Room Tip: Get a room near the back of the hotel. That way you are not near the highway. Also, request not nea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi ottoburren1:

We appreciate the kind words about the hotel. Patricia is our superstar Breakfast Host and Manager's Reception Host. She was excited to hear about your comments. Our team prides ourselves on service and we got the job done for you.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Best,

Rachel Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Hmm. where to start first while checking in the lady was not friendly it looked very clean from the lobby, but once in the room the a/c was off and it was hot and muggy in the room. i of course checked the sheets and pillows and to my amazement found a bug in the pillow case, went to the restroom and another one in the tub. I am not the type to say anything so i didnt call downstairs let it pass, we decides to go out and what do u know there was a group of men outside drinking very bad for presentation. we got back and there were people sleeping in the hallway i was amazed at how this could happen i finished my stay without being a nag but it was awful to c what they allowed to happen. Its too bad i would like to stay there again since its so close to the airport. o and upon check out systems were down so i couldnt get a reciept for anything :(

• Stayed October 2012
Hello panchi85:

I am very sorry about the issues that you encountered at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service and am surprised that you were not greeted with a charming smile upon your arrival. I have addressed this personally with the staff. In regards to the cleanliness, all Managers inspect the rooms prior to arrival. The team is deeply apologetic that you found issues in your room.

Regarding the sleeping in the hallway, we have never seen this at the property and verify that all guests are comfortably taken care and feel secure.

We hope you do give us a chance in the near future.

Best,

Rachel Miller
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We need a place near the airport as we were getting in late and didn't want to have to drive to far that nite. This was perfect. The woman who checked us in was very friendly, eventhough she had just gotten done dealing with a difficulte family before us. She told us everything we need to know right off the bat. The room it's self was good. We had more then enough room once we got in. There was a fridge, and a microwave as well. The room AC was great, almost to the point we had to turn it warmerm and we love it cold when we sleep. My hubby said the bed was too bouncy, but I did not have an issue. I wish places would give you more pillows with a king size bed as we only had the 4 (2 soft and 2 hard) could have used two more soft ones.
The breakfast was great. Coffee, juice, a pancake machine, warm and gooy ciniminan rolls, saucage, and eggs (sorta runny but still not bad for what I am guessing was power eggs). The staff was there too, to make sure everything was still hot and fress. Very impressed over all.

I would for sure stay here if I find myself down that way again

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rachel M, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your enjoyable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hobby Airport. Your pleasant comments about our front desk and breakfast staff will surely be passed on and I'm glad your room for the evening was just as comfy. We really appreciate you taking the time out your busy schedule to share your thoughts and look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I expect more from a Holiday Inn. The service was missing. The staff seemed to be more interested in their own agenda, than representing their establishment in a positive light. It was in a hard to reach location. If you missed the off ramp, you were in serious trouble. I will avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. It is disappointing to hear our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regrettable you were not satisfied with our customer service. Please know that we take guest satisfaction very seriously and thrive on exceeding our guest expectations. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I chose to stay at this hotel based on our stays at other hiexpress locations and its proximity to area attractions we planned to visit as we celebrated our 46th anniversary. I reserved at King Suite for the weekend. When we arrived and went up to the suite, we were not impressed for two reasons: 1) it was smaller than those at other locations, and 2) it was hot. I called the reception desk and asked to change to another room. Reona immediately located a larger room on the same floor and we relocated. The a/c was not on so the room was hot. I turned the a/c on to cool the room. After 15-20 minutes, it was evident the a/c wasn't working. I called Reona and she sent maintenance to check it out. After replacing the a/c with a new one, the rest of the weekend was great. Cudos to Reona, maintenance and breakfast hostess (Saturday morning). Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate. Thanks again for your service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and I will advise Reona and Patricia on a job well done in delivering excellent customer service that exceeding your guest satisfaction. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Checked in here after a flight cancellation. Hotel is located along a highway access road. There is another hotel next door (a Four Points). Beyond that a no-tell motel, an abandoned car dealership, and a barbecue restaurant. Would not feel comfortable going outside after dark.

Front desk staff was friendly during check in. The Priority Club platinum gift included a small bottle of water, bag of mini cookies, and cheese crackers. There was a "managers reception" in the lobby (see photo). It included chips, salsa, and tortilla roll ups. Canned beer, soda, and wine.

My room is an accessible room -- which is surprising. I don't know if the hotel was sold out but, if not, why would you put a Platinum PC club member in this room? You could hold a bar-mitzvah in this room it is so wide- open. Doesn't at all feel comfortable or like home but rather like a small warehouse with some furniture. The shower is made to allow wheel chairs to "roll in" with an adjustable shower head on the wall. Not at all comfortable or easy to use.

Was very disappointed with the stay. Will not return.

• Stayed May 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Mike W,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club member and we appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. I'm delighted our front desk staff assisted you well and provided you our Priority Club gift as well as our managers reception treats. It is disappointing to hear our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regrettable you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional information regarding your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portage, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Nothing much to complain about, nothing much to shout about. I choose the location due to the proximity to my clients plant. It is right on the gulf (I45) freeway. Due to the near freeway, to room noise was quite loud. Plus its Houston, so the AC has to run all the time. I would suggest a room on the southeast side away from the freeway. Otherwise bring some comfortable ear plugs if road noise bothers you.

The property is in good condition. Room furnishings is several years old, but in good shape. The TV’s have been upgraded to flat screens. My king suite had microwave and a refrigerator.

They host a reception in the lobby from 5:00 to 6:30pm. They offer soda, wine and beer along with chips and a hot snack (think pizza rolls). That is a nice touch. They always seem to run a bit late, yesterday the drinks were put out after 5:30pm. And breakfast is routinely late all week, except for the morning the cook didn’t show up at all. I was impressed they had to go bags for those looking for breakfast on the day the cook was missing.

There are some restaurant nearby but its reported that the neighborhood is not the best. A car is required for this location.

Room Tip: On the south east away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Kazoo_Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!