“It's an ok property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8730 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77017 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express Houston - Hobby Airport)   |
Ranked #320 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Portage, Michigan
“It's an ok property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Nothing much to complain about, nothing much to shout about. I choose the location due to the proximity to my clients plant. It is right on the gulf (I45) freeway. Due to the near freeway, to room noise was quite loud. Plus its Houston, so the AC has to run all the time. I would suggest a room on the southeast side away from the freeway. Otherwise bring some comfortable ear plugs if road noise bothers you.

The property is in good condition. Room furnishings is several years old, but in good shape. The TV’s have been upgraded to flat screens. My king suite had microwave and a refrigerator.

They host a reception in the lobby from 5:00 to 6:30pm. They offer soda, wine and beer along with chips and a hot snack (think pizza rolls). That is a nice touch. They always seem to run a bit late, yesterday the drinks were put out after 5:30pm. And breakfast is routinely late all week, except for the morning the cook didn’t show up at all. I was impressed they had to go bags for those looking for breakfast on the day the cook was missing.

There are some restaurant nearby but its reported that the neighborhood is not the best. A car is required for this location.

Room Tip: On the south east away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, ihgcare at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Kazoo_Bruce,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff were great! I love the indoor pool and hot tub. The carpet in the halls smell funny and should be replaced, but the staff made my experience a pleasant stay while I was away on business.

• Stayed February 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was our worst stay at holiday inn express. 1) Anything we requested was ignored and almost snubbed as if a joke. 2)Cold breakfast 3) We had food and the refrigerator did not work. 4) Air conditioner did not work 5) We asked to change rooms and the other one stunk so we sayed where we were at. 6) Its december and asked for packets of hot chocolate for 3 days. It would have been ok if they were honest and said they would not have any but the promised each day. 7) This hotel is not up to holiday inn express standards. 8) no ice on 2nd floor 9) I THINK THE TV WAS FROM THE 80 S

They should be ashamed

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Rohit D, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Valued Guest:

We are surprised by the comments and hope you do not have us confused with another property. To help address your concerns, I have listed out responses.

1. All requests are logged daily and handled by management. We have never received feedback regarding any concerns to this extent from any guest during the week in question.

2. Holiday Inn Express hotels have leading industry quality breakfasts as is evidenced at this property. We adhere to all standards required for the guest's satisfaction.

3. In trying to find your stay at our property, I was unsuccessful. For future reference, if an AC is an issue, our Chief Engineer visits the guest personally. During the winter season, it is even more effective due to the climate.

4. Our property houses 37'' LCD HD televisions in all guest rooms.

We hope these responses give you a clear indication of our care and efforts speaking for the Holiday Inn family of brands.

Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Hotel staff is excellent Managers reception is great and complimentary my husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this location Amy ,Daniel and Teri are great they were always makig sure we had everyhting we needed during our stay we will deffinetly be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Hello:

We are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary Manager's Reception with free beer, wine, and appetizers. You also remembered the names of our entire staff! So kind of you!

Please do visit us again.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed here a couple of days ago and we had a great time. The staff at the front desk was very helpful, they helped me print my boarding pass and even maps of nearby restaurants. The rooms were clean and adequate. I will definetly be back

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Valued Guest:

Our team was excited to read the review. We are glad that we could help with recommendations and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Your in hospitality,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I recently visited Houston and stayed at this hotel. The staf was friendly, the rates were reasonable and the hotel even had a pool which is rare in Holiday Inn Express. In addition, the close proximity to Hobby Airport is another plus. I definitely would stay here on my next visit to Houston. Thanks so much to the staff for making my stay very pleasant in Houston!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Valued Guest:

We appreciate the kind words regarding the staff. With a longstanding staff at the hotel, we hear these comments very often and always appreciate them! If you plan to visit Houston again, be sure to try our newly upgraded suite with 37'' LCD televisions - I will provide a complimentary upgrade!

Best,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

When I stayed here, I was looking for a relaxing and efficient place to stay for 3 nights and I have to say, it was excellent. My girlfriend and I stayed here in Auguest and the stay was comfortable and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hidden gem of a hotel in Houston.

I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

We thank you for the kind words regarding the hotel. We work diligently as a team to verify that each guest stay is pleasant. Please do visit us again and let me know if you need anything in the mean time!

Best,

The Holiday Inn Express Team

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!